Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicating Roles between clients of same system

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

In our scenario, we develop roles in a separate client of development system. How can i make all role changes automatically in another client if this is possible. I am not thinking of doing it with transport but may be with help of some report which will run daily in either client to copy changed roles..

thanks

ashish

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use a naming convention for TP request descriptions or create a SPRO_ADMIN project for "dummy" transport requests and release them - that will distribute them to "local" logical systems.

You can also automate that for all roles as a job - but you might want to think twice about doing that depending on your role design.

This question itself implies that you are building your roles in a dedicated client of the QAS system. This is never a good idea but can sound convincing in some .ppt presentations. Avoid that at all costs if you can because it will bite you very hard for maintainence in the long run, latest at upgrades (and if the consultants tell you that they are not building menus based single roles then invite them to join this discussion...).

Cheers,

Julius

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In our scenario, we develop roles in a separate client of development system. How can i make all role changes automatically in another client if this is possible. I am not thinking of doing it with transport but may be with help of some report which will run daily in either client to copy changed roles..

Yes, It will replicate automatically to another client or system but only transaction codes not authorizations.

Edited by: Siva K Kumar on Mar 11, 2011 10:40 AM

0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

what do you mean? What will replicate automatically?

thx, Bernhard

0 Kudos

> what do you mean? What will replicate automatically?

Hi Bernhard,

Roles will create and changes (tcodes and deleting) automatically!

thx,Siva

Edited by: Siva K Kumar on Mar 11, 2011 12:28 PM

0 Kudos

You must be having a automatic system. But is this fair? We do not have such

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

>

> You must be having a automatic system. But is this fair? We do not have such

Yes, You should maintain RFC destination! in PFCG---> MENU tab (Target System)

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

We do all developments in DEV system only.. not in Quality. In Development we have 2 clients :

500 - For abap development

600 - For developing roles

From here we move roles to QUA system. So roles developmed in DEV600 is not available in DEV500. I want to make a automatic system so that all roles development in DEV600 goes to DEV500 as well !!

@ Siva : Do you mean i can use this in target client :

PFCG > Role(in menu) > Read from other system by RFC

Can you please describe it a bit, how will it work..

thanks

ashish

0 Kudos

Follow below steps:

1. Create RFC destination DEV600 TO DEV500

2. Assign that RFC connection in your PFCG screen, Click on Menu tab ( Where your are assigning tcodes.)

there is Target system ( Dest) option is there. you can mention there.

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

but....

keep in mind that (from the docu):

To distribute the role, choose Distribute. If the text Distribution Incomplete appears, you should perform the distribution again. The authorization data of the role is not distributed. Therefore the authorization data of the roles has to be updated in the target system.

Means, that this is not really a sync but only a transfer of the role name and the menu information of that role.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Yes, I know

Read my first posting.