cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to display methods of an ABAP class in a tree in WDA but none are being displayed. The class is CL_GUI_ALV_GRID. This is an exercise in the Getting Started with WDA book. The context in my view, as mapped from the component controller context, is:

class_sel_crit 1:1 cardinality

name_class

descr_class

methods 0:n cardinality

name

kind_icon

is_class

is_interface

is_redefined

where class_sel_crit and methods are nodes and the others are attributes. I have a tabstrip in ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER, a couple of tabs in the tabstrip, a transparent container in the tab for the tree, a tree in this container, and a tree item in the tree. The tree datasource is bound to the view.methods node. The tree item datasource is bound to the view.methods node and the enabled and rootvisible properties are enabled. The tree item text is bound to the view.methods.name attribute of the methods node of the view. There are methods in my component controller to get and set the class methods. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you seen in the debugger if the nodes are filled ?

From where the component controller methods are called ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baskaran,

In debug I determined that the methods weren't being called until after the user clicks on the button to select the class from the input field, even though CL_GUI_ALV_GRID is the default class. So I guess that's the way it's supposed to work. I awarded points.

Thanks,

John