Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form values are missing when submitting the form

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

A different Issue has come up in my form. In my form there are Input Controls, Check Boxes and are bind with the context. Every thing was working fine, but all of sudden Input Controls with the field property as allow multiple lines are missing the entered data when I submit the page. When I do the wdContext.currentContextElement.getText() method some times I could see the data entered in to the form and some times it lost the data.

Is there anything to do with the cache/amount of data that the form is carrying. Recent change to my form is that I have removed cache entry from the xml source since there it was showing an error. Another change is when form is loading the first time I am loading some data initially. Please suggest me what went wrong.

Thanks

Murthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna babu,

How are you welcome back to Adone fourms...

Well there shouldn't be any issue with the form server / client caching. I am working on a 45 page interactive form which is quite dynamic and have switched between these caching settings several times.

well for a test just before submitting the form check the textfield value with a popup, after reching the wd do modify method check the context node value.

Also when you say multiple lines are missing is that entire data of the text field or some data of it ...?

Cheers,

Sai

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I have checked in DoModify. Value gets passes some times and some times its not. I will check in within the form itself before submitting the form whether is it getting refreshed.

It is happening with only for few Input Controls which allows multiple lines of text. I just enter single line of text, same getting passed some times but some times it will not.

Thanks

Murthy

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Issue was resolved by swapping the problem filed values to new fields before submitting the form.

There is another issue came up recently after the form got submitted, an error message popups up with the message "PDF Corrupted, cannot be repaired." After that some times non of the button work submit. What could be reason for the sudden change in the form.

Thanks

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The same problem i got. What i did,

Open Adobe reader->edit->preferences->general->click "SelectDefault PDFHandler".

And restart ur computer.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

workaround I applied was created new context variables and mapped the values before submitting the form.