cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Versions in SAP HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the uses of Plan Versions? I can see current plan version that is active If I would like to create two plan versions suppose say Current Plan Version 01 and 02 for Future Plan Version? What will be the use if i go for versions? Iam bit confused on this It may sound simple still this making me confused...

Experts please throw some light on this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_davidson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The current plan version should be "01", as set in PLOGI PLOGI. This plan is what is updated whenever personnel changes are made in the system and represents your current organization.

Another verison could be used to create a "future state" or a "what if" scenario. For example you can have a version for a 20% decrease in the work force. Or a 20% increase in the workforce. Or if your company acquired another company. Then what would your reporting structures be? You could build each in a different plan version to see.

Then, if one of your scenarios came to be true and you wanted to utilize that structure, you could make that plan version the active version and all relationships would change to that new "current" plan version. Even if they never come true, the various plan versions can be utilized by management for "what if" scenarios.

An example of one that could actually happen, say your company acquired another company, but the deal would not be final until July 1st. Your management wants to build the org structure so they can see what it will look like July 1st, but you are not make any changes to the current structure until then. You could create a new plan version by copying the current structure, then add the new company and changing the relationships as necessary. Once management has approved this version, you would make it the "current " version in PLOGI PLOGI on July 1st and all the relationships and new assignments would now be active and seen in the structure and in PA.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Thanks a ton for the efforts you have put in in making us understand the difference between Active plan version & other plan versions.

As you said if i wanna create a "what if " scenario in a new plan version say for eg., "Test Plan Version", how can i ensure that the customization am doing is taking place only in the Test plan version & "Active plan version" is not getting affected? Kindly note that am just a begginer in SAP HR.

Looking forward for your valuable reply. Thanks in advance.

paul_davidson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct that you have to be careful that you only make changes in the correct plan version.  For example: PPOME will probably default to the current plan version, so you will have to go to Settings --> Alternative each time to reset to the "What if" version.

If you are in individual infotype maintenance in PO10 or PO03 you must set the plan version you want at the top of the entry screen.  And again, the Active version will default and you must reset to the "What if" version. 

One other thing I did not mention previously, if you ever plan to integrate a "What if" version into the current version, you should set NUMGR COMP in table T77S0 to "X".  This will separately set up the numbering of the org units and positions in each version so that objects will not be overwritten if the versions are merged.  You may also find reports RHCOPL00-Copy Plan Version and RHCOPLPT-Compare Plan Version helpful.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Plan Versions are used for different countries Implementation Projects Suppose for Example XYZ Company implemented a project in India, USA and Australia So in this XYZ Company can use three plan versions to see relationships in Organizational Structure and the Data in respective countries  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Active Plan Version is the one which you are using.  Using Active Plan Version you can able to check Organizational Structure of a particular country that has been implemented.  You can see different plan version to check different countries implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

Thanks a lot for your precious reply. This helps me a lot.

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cronie,

Thanks a lot my friend.

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to copy plan version??

paul_davidson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

See my earlier responses for cautions.  To copy a plan version, use transaction RE_RHCOPL00, program RHCOPL00.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response I can able to copy plan version.

If i want to see reporting structure in future without disturbing current plan version As you said we have to copy current plan version and use target plan version for future scenario and make target plan version as active once it is approved correct me if my understanding is wrong.

If i want to see future plan version in Target Plan Version I have to Configure two tcodes OOPV and OOAP

The Current plan version is already in USE Do we need to change current plan version to target plan version to create relationships. If we dont change target plan version it will not allow to create relationship

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other thing I did not mention previously, if you ever plan to integrate a "What if" version into the current version, you should set NUMGR COMP in table T77S0 to "X".  This will separately set up the numbering of the org units and positions in each version so that objects will not be overwritten if the versions are merged.  You may also find reports RHCOPL00-Copy Plan Version and RHCOPLPT-Compare Plan Version helpful.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................

As stated above The numbering is same after copying The table maintained is X

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

i have one issue in plan version in table HRP1001.

I can see there are some entries in my production system with never used plan version .: .

we have 47 records for one object id  with plan version 01 and same records are there for never used plans.

my question is how never used plan has entires in table HRP1001.

is it possible to create any record using never used plan.

regards

gaurav

Answers (0)