Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an ABAP Web Dynpro application to a Java Web Dynpro screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey fellow SAPers

This is an interesting one .........

We have developed a bespoke ABAP Web Dynpro screen that we want to include into a tabstrip in a Java Web Wynpro application. We have managed to do this by inserting an iFrame into the tabstrip, and then passing the UWL of the ABAP Web Dynpro app. This works. However, life is never that easy and of course whenever the screen is refreshed, the ABAP WD app is called again and so any changes to the data on the ABAP screen are lost as the data in the ABAP app is re-selected and the data returns to it's original state.

Does anyone know:

- of another way to incorporate an ABAP WD screen into a Java WD screen (as a tabstrip)

- how to de-activate a Java view so that the view containing the ABAP WD app is refreshed (i.e. the window is refreshed), the view is not refreshed and the ABAP app is not re-called .....

- any other ideas ....

of course, we could re-develop the same screen in Javam, but that would be too easy

Looking forward to your responses

Jon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

First of all Iframe is not officially supported until 7.01 version.

Would you not use Portal for that and incorporate two iViews in a Page?

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Jon,

>

> First of all Iframe is not officially supported until 7.01 version.

I believe it is deprecated in 7.01 and re-supported in 7.02

[7.01 IFrame Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/15/c07941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

[7.02 IFrame help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/15/c07941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

>

> Would you not use Portal for that and incorporate two iViews in a Page?

I'm guessing you want to show this within the WDJ app not above, below to the left, right...

This is a very very difficult thing to do - I'm guessing that you are not actively passing data into the URL of the WDJ IFrame, but just have "decorated" the WDJ app with the a statically linked IFrame. In this case the only thing you have to tie the two together is the user id that you are using - and potentially the time the app was launched. You could in theory use a shared memory area (watch out for multi app server environments) to store the state of the app in case it got refreshed... but this is not a simple thing to do...

Consider if it is absolutely necessary to enhance the WDJ in place - hopefully you can just replace it with a WDA when you install EhP5

Good luck,

Chris