Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carry out new pricing by changing item category

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to carry out a new pricing depending on item category. The requirement is when i change the item category it should trigger new pricing procedure. Like example if it is tann one pricing procedure and if it change to another category like ztann it should trigger new pricing procedure .

I know that pricing procedure not defined on item category. I tried with the exit form userexit_new_pricing_vbap changing new_pricing. But i dont know what to write in that. I am technical guy . Please share me your idea if any one did this before.

Regards,

Madhu.

Edited by: madhurao123 on Mar 10, 2011 5:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue Resolved.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Pricing procedure is a header field in sales order and item category is an item field. I agree, your business process may demand this requirement. But, what if, different lines have different item categories in the same sales order? what pricing procedure should be determined.

Thanks,

Ravi

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all replies. Ravi as per the requirement if the item category is ztann all that line items will have one pricing procedure and remaining all tann will goes another pricing procedure. Is it possible if i go for any enhancement.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not possible, since one single sales order cannot have more than one pricing procedure. The determination of pricing procedure depends on sales area, customer pricing procedure and the document pricing procedure. In your scenario, all these will be same for the same sales order.

Ask your functional resource, if your requirement can be handled in the pricing area, using the same pricing procedure.

If you explain the actual business requirement and the reason for demaning this process, members may provide a better solution.

Regards,

Ravi

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

Thanks for your reply. Actual the requirement is suppose if there are two line item one if main material and other is free material.

The main material amount and will go to one gl account where as the free material in the second line item we are giving 100 percent discount and this should go to another Gl account. Here we are maintaining two conditions types for that. If it free i have to deactivate one condition type ( Default two conditions type will come ) .

Regards,

Madhu.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understood your requirement correctly, you want to post to different G/L Accounts when you raise an invoice with main material along with free of charge material.

If that is the case, this can be achieved with one pricing procedure itself where you should have a PR00 condition type for main item and HA00 or HB00 for 100% discount. Also have different Account Keys assigned to these condition types and for these Account keys, maintain the different G/L Account in VKOA. By doing so, this will populate in your sale order and once the billing document is generated, the respective amount will hit the assigned G/L Account.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your valuable answer. I will check with my functional people.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Lakshmipathi,

I am the functional resource for the post that Madhu has made. The clear requirement is as follows:

there are two materials A and B. Both are indipendantly sell-able materials. When sold independantly Base price of materials A and B goes to revenue account ERL. But if material B goes free with material A(we have done some enhancement for 1:n free goods) then the base price of material B does not go to ERL but goes to ZRL. The item category determined for material B when going free with material A is TANN while the item category for the main material A is TAN. We are manually determining these item categories from a Z table. The pricing procedure is same for both item categories. So is there a way we can make the system understand that if item category is TAN then pick ERL and if item category is TANN pick ZRL?

Thank you for the inputs to everyone.

Regards,

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me try and let Mr. Lakshmipathi approve the solution or correct it.

One way I can think of is -

You create a new Material Account Assignment Group - assign GL with this and ERL. No ZRL is reqd. Finally you want separate GL - right ?

Since the account ass. grp. at item level is not editable in order - you need to use userexit at the time of saving - to update the table VBAP with the changed value.

Now through userexit it will check the item cat. If TANN then it will change it to the new material account assignment group.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samit,

I am already using the Material PRicing group for a diferent purpose. The client wants to separate the base price for different types of taxes. For Example: if VAT is 4% the base price will go to G/L1, if VAT is 12.5% then G/L2 if CST 2% G/L3, if CST5% then G/L 4 and if CST 15% G/L 5. For this purpose I am using the MAterial Pricing group. Also there are discounts picked up automatically based on Material Pricing group. So I donot know if we can use that.

Plz suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mentioned about Material Account Assignment Group (VBAP-KTGRM) - which is a factor in GL account determination. So if you use a separate Material AAG - then you need not use ZRL.

To create Material AAG - go to SPRO-> Sales and Distribution-> Basic Functions->Account Assignment/Costing->Revenue Acc. Det.->Check Master data .... ->Materials AAg -> create

For the taxes to hit different GLs - you can use tax codes and create table with tax code as a field. How material pricing group is involved in GL account determination ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry. I was actually referring to Material account assignment group. It was a typing mistake that I said material pricing group instead of material account assignment group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create another material account assignment group and use it for this specific requirement of yours as described above. It will not affect anything else.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to bring the item category to your VKOA assignment so that your requirement can be achieved by assigning the different G/L Account for the Account Keys ERL and ZRL respectively. Else you can also try with the suggestion already provided.

@ Samit - on your comments

Let me try and let Mr. Lakshmipathi approve

you have every right to give suggestion and there is no need to approve. The member who is posting the question should take THE best suggestion and whoever gives, there is nothing wrong in trying with that. After all, everybody here is in the learning process.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

True.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is definitely a very good idea Mr.Lakshmipathi. I will definitely try this out and update the forum if I am able to achieve any progress in this regards.

Thank you very much once again for your valuable inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathy,

I have tried the option you have suggested but was unable t o make any progress. I have done the following steps:

In VKOA I have done the revenue account determination based on Acct Assign Grp: Customer, Acct. Assign Grp: Material, and Item Category. Despite this the correct G/L accounts are not being picked up. Can you please suggest where I may be going wrong.

The scenario is as follows for all Item categories except ZTNN::

If Customer and Material are taxable @ 5%VAT then pick G/L1

If Customer and Material are taxable @ 15% VAT then pick G/L 2

If Customer and Material are taxable @ 2% CST then pick G/L 3

If Customer and Material are taxable @ 5% CST then pick G/L 4

If Customer and Material are taxable @ 15% CST then pick G/L 5

For Item Category ZTNN:

If Customer and Material are taxable @ 5%VAT then pick G/L6

If Customer and Material are taxable @ 15% VAT then pick G/L 6

If Customer and Material are taxable @ 2% CST then pick G/L 6

If Customer and Material are taxable @ 5% CST then pick G/L 6

If Customer and Material are taxable @ 15% CST then pick G/L 6

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you are aware you can differentiate tax determination by way of maintaining different tax classification for which, you should have access sequence table in V/07, like 040, 041, 042 etc., Before this, you should have maintained different tax classifications in IMG > SD > Basic Functions > Taxes > Define Tax Relevance of Master Records. There you can have 5 tax classifications and assign the same in material master or customer master. In VK11, you can assign those five tax codes to these classifications but here, you cannot differentiate item category and that is why, I had suggested to have in VKOA. Moreover, tax should always be based on customer region and not for material code which is a standard one and I dont know how in your case, material comes into picture.

Coming to the issue, if the item category is not working, then I feel, you should go for a zee table since the requirement is to post to a different G/L Account based on item category.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathy,

Sorry for not being clear in my previous post. When I was saying different G/Ls, that was not for tax but for the Base price.

If tax is calculated as VAT @ 5%, then Base price should go to G/L1

If tax is calculated as VAT @ 15%, then Base price should go to G/L 2

similarly for CST @ 2%, 5%, and 15% the Base price would go to G/ls 3, 4 and 5 respectively.

But when Item category is ZTNN, then irrespective of the tax, the base price should go to G/L 6.

For this purpose I have used Customer and material assignment group combinations. I was able to achieve upto G/L 5 but when I use Revenue account determination for Item category ZTNN, the system is not picking G/L 6 but it is continuing to pick between G/Ls 1 to 5 based on the tax. It is not considering the Item Category.

Please do let me know if I am not clear with my explanation. Expecting a solution for this.

Tanks and Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr.Lakshmipathy. Issue has been resolved as per your suggestion.

I now mark this thread as closed.

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you go for a Z Development.

Regards,

Phani Prasad

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu,

sorry but it is not possible to have diferent pricing procedures on item level.

Ther are many restrictions why this is not possible. for example the total calculation.

with best regards

Claudia