Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup transport encryption for RFC calls from JCo client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have developed a Java client that calls a RFC via JCo and all works fine.

Now I need to protect the communication channel because data will be transmitted between client and server over the internet.

I have browsed a lot of documentation but I can't find the final answer on how to do it, both on the client (Java) and on the server (SAP) side.

On the client side

The JCo API for DestinationDataProvider shows the following properties:

- jco.client.snc_mode: Secure network connection (SNC) mode, 0 (off) or 1 (on)

- jco.client.snc_partnername: SNC partner, e.g. p:CN=R3, O=XYZ-INC, C=EN

- jco.client.snc_qop: SNC level of security, 1 to 9

- jco.client.snc_myname: SNC name. Overrides default SNC partner

- jco.client.snc_lib: Path to library which provides SNC service

I guess I'll have to set "snc_mode" to 1 and set the "partnername" to something appropriate for the target SAP system.

What I can't figure out is the value for "jco.client.snc_lib": do I need some additional software module that doesn't come with JCo?

On the server side

All documentation points me to an optional SAP component called "SAP cryptographic Library". A search in the download pages doesn't return such a component. Do I really need the SAP cryptographic Library? Where do I get it from?

Documentation

All introductory documents refer to a "SNC User's Guide". I only found an old version of such a document, dated 1999. Is that what I need or am I missing the real guide?

Thank you

Cristian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I search for "cryptographic" in the download area, I get no results.

Could it be a limitation on my account, or maybe the name has changed?

Can someone please confirm that the product is available for download?

Thank you

Cristian

4 REPLIES 4

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you need additional software. You need a library which implements SNC. One of them is SAP cryptographic library available at service.sap.com/swdc. SNC is pretty old so you have the latest version.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I search for "cryptographic" in the download area, I get no results.

Could it be a limitation on my account, or maybe the name has changed?

Can someone please confirm that the product is available for download?

Thank you

Cristian

0 Kudos

Section Installation & Upgrades ->Browse our Download Catalog -> SAP Cryptographic Software.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I found the library under "Maintenance & Services" > "SAP Trust Center Services" > "Download Area"

This is the link in case someone else needs it:

[SAP CRYPTOGRAPHIC SOFTWARE|http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000282728&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&]

Edited by: xtianus on Mar 11, 2011 11:59 AM

I post this before I saw your suggestion, which is in fact correct as well