cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message traceability in PI - File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a Idoc to FTP scenario. Idocs are sent from SAP R/3 to PI where they are converted to file format and saved. Another communication channel reads these files one by one and sends them to an FTP folder.

Now my question is, how will I trace/find the message which was generated by the second channel if I have Idoc number?

Thanks,

Netrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cannot, unless you use a ccbpm or the idoc number was saved in the first file. what you can do is detect a key value comming in the IDoc which later is mapped in the second file. ussing the Netweaver Adminsitrator Monitoring you can search message by content values.

i think those are the best ways.

Rodrigo P-.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Is there any way to find message by content (other than TREX) ?

- Netrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there's no way to find a string in content message with standard functionality... you have to develope some custom code.

Edited by: spantaleoni on Mar 10, 2011 3:35 PM

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as long as i know there is no. this functionality (search by message content) is new is PI 7.1 and the only way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately we dont have TREX server configured and not planning to do it in near future as well. So, what is the way that I can find out a message? For example, as we find a message in PI using an Idoc number from transaction IDX5. How do we know the message id of a message if a particular file was read by sender file communication channel?

- Netrey

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use variable substitution and you can name the file on the basis of Idoc number through dynamic configuration

By this way the file name will be that of the IDoc number through which it is generated

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/6830e67f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this blogs:-

/people/niki.scaglione2/blog/2010/02/22/payload-searching-without-trex

/people/paolo.romano2/blog/2007/09/07/xi-search-through-the-payload-of-a-messagewithout-trex

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/02/21/abap-based-trex-in-xi-proto

chirag

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simplest way would be to store make the MessageID_IDocNumber as filename while placing the file in the first flow. Then you will have track of it (to some extent) without custom developments.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava