Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain the Stock in SAP problem

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my Business Process (Textile Industry) First they will receive the Material from the Customer (GRAY Material) after 2 or 3 months customer will give the Program for the Material

In this how we can maintain the Stock in SAP and also while Raising the Sales order how we are going to track that particular customer material GRAY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its solved myself based on the various inputs

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello prasanna

In my Business Process (Textile Industry) First they will receive the 
Material from the Customer (GRAY Material) after 2 or 3 months customer 
will give the Program for the Material 
In this how we can maintain the Stock in SAP and also while Raising the 
Sales order how we are going to track that particular customer material GRAY

The business process as cited by you is not clear, could you please rephrase and explain clearly the business scenario so that it will be easy to provide suggestion ?

Best Regards,

Sarthak

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarthak,

In textile industry, first grey material comes from the customer and then they send a PROGRAM (Print program, which contains the details of the design, colors, etc. required for that job). Once the PROGRAM is recieved then they schedule the production/work.

So the issue is how & under what head we store this grey fabric recieved from the customer. (grey fabric is the raw fabric for ur reference)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a solution, but I don't know how feasible it is.

Create a vendor for the customer. Create PO for the grey material with free goods. In this PO, you can maintain account assignment of the sales order for the customer. Receive the material for that PO in sales order stock. (For this material you can create seperate storage location). When you receive the program from customer, do transfer posting of sales order stock to own stock (MB1B--- 411E MOVEMENT) & create the production order for finish material. In this production order you can give reference of sales order.

Hope it is okay with you.

BR.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ya its ok

and also one more problem is there

after Completion of Production customer will come and check the quality and if customer feels its not good quality again its goes to rework if possible otherwise customer will ask Grey Material that time company has to pay the amount to the customer

that is the case how we are going to treat as a grey material because initially we are considering the non-valuated material

in the above case we have to convert to valuated material

can please guide me how we are going to maintain Grey material in stock

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Customer raw material (Grey Material - non Valuated ) is available in stock & we used batch management for customer Material for tracking purpose at the time of MIGO we used Movement Type 101

at the time of sales order creation we want to assign those customer raw material stock to particular sales order with same batch

Now i want to assign those stock to a particular sale order

Pls guide me how to assign Customer Material with same batch to sale order line item.....