cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 & Ordering for stock / inter-company-code stock transport orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Colleagues,

We are implementing SRM 7.0 used with ECC 6.0 and the client has the requirement to be able to order goods for stock and to initiate the inter-company-code stock transport orders (which I mean is actually and MM standard function).

Any advice about this topics please?

Thanks in advance,

Michal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

We have new functionality in SRM7.0 CPPR(Central Processing of Purchase requistion) which can be utilized to see all the PR's (inclduing Inter company PR's) from there buyer who is accessing the CPPR can decide to create a PO with the source of supply determined.

with Regards

Manjunath

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manjunath,

Thank you for the info.

The client will be using MRP, but not for all materials.

Actually the requirement is restricted to inter company procurment and project stock.

There are no consignemnt or subcontracting needs.

Thank you and regards,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reopening: Additional info needed

Edited by: Michal.K. on Mar 15, 2011 9:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

The client want's to use SRM as a tool for issueing all requisitions among the company and transfering it to ERP.

Seams, there will be limitations.

Does this mean that your client will not use ECC MRP for planning the intercompany requirements. This is just for my calrification.

IF you are using calssic scenario there will be limitation while you create SC for the intercompany requirement, as it is required to falg "Order as direct material"(for direct stock procurement) in the SC system starts treating this as a extended calssic scenario to overcome this you have to enhance and trick the system by assiging as dummy cost object to SC cart in the background and strip off the cost object while sending the SC to ECC for creating PR or PO as per your client requriement.

Is your client requirement only restricted to inter company procurment using SRM or do they want to use SRM for all direct procurement(project stock, consignemnt, subcontracting). Irrespective of Classic to Extended classic SRM will not support out of box all the specail procurement scenarios.

with regards

Manjunath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manjunath,

Thank you for your answer.

The client want's to use SRM as a tool for issueing all requisitions among the company and transfering it to ERP.

Seams, there will be limitations.

We need to implementing the clasic scenario, but for ordering of stock materials I found this info:

So it seams we need to activate extended scenario for stock product categories.

But did not found anything about, when we want to order materials from stock which will be ordered for another stock. (inter-company-code stock transport). The information in the note 586231 isn't very clear to me, if there is a limitation for this function in SRM. Can you advice please?

Thank you very much,

Michal

Edited by: Michal.K. on Mar 15, 2011 9:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manjunath,

Thank you for the info.

If I understand it right we create a shopping cart in SRM which generates purchase requisition in ERP where the buyer select the source of supply, which can the stock right? How about creating requisition with no cost assignment (means not direct consumption) but for stock? Is it possible too please? I mean we need to create a requisition in SRM from external source to cost assignment, or stock and from stock to cost assignment or stock again. Does SRM have all this possibilities please?

Thanks very much in advance,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Based on the scenario(classic or extended classic) you are implementing SRM7.0 has lot to restrictions on which procurement cycles are supported:

See note 586231, even if this is a old note it applies for SRM7.0 as well. Specail stock procurement is not supported in SRM whihc is pain. If at all there is requriement to support procurement for stock then there is lot of enhancment required.

For SC in classic scenario there will be wrok around requried to make it work for direct procurement. I am not sure which scenario you are implementing.

with regards

Manjunath

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about using MM function since customer has ERP?

Regards,

Masa