cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Java Nodes defined below the Instance ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I try to run the the diagnostics setup wizard for a managed system (SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 EhP 1). If I select the managed system, the following message appears: No Java Nodes defined below the Instance '<server>_<sid>_00''! The configurations in smsy seems to be okay:

Instance: <server>_<sid>_00

Instance Number: 00

Server Role: Instance Server

Server: <server>

and the second entry:

Instance: <server>_SCS

Instance Number: 00

Server Role: SCS Instance

Server: <server>

Also, I have configured J2EE-Server, and the Disptacher .. but the result is always the same, it doesn't work

Any idea? Or has anybody an example for instance configuration for SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 ?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Max

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Max

Is your configuration in SMSY coming from data that was fetched from the SLD or did you insert the SAP system manually there?

Did you check out the guide for managed system setup? It holds per product information on which usage type/product type you should have active in SMSY in order to perform the setup of the managed SAP system.

Did you already install a diagnostics agent that is visible in the agent overview (registered) ?

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

the data was fetched by SLD, but the informations about the instances are configured manually. Did you mean this guide: END-TO-END ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS SYSTEM LANDSCAPE SETUP GUIDE ? Yes, I've checked it out.

At the moment I have no agent installed on the system.

Thanks and best regards,

Max

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Max

It's best to delete your SAP system from SMSY (along with connected technical content such as AS Java definition) then if the data was fetched manually and run the LANDSCAPE FETCH through transaction SMSY_SETUP to have the correct definition of your SAP system in SMSY.

You could use the addon Landscape Verification to check the correctness of transaction SMSY.

Kind regards

Tom

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Max

In order tu run the diagnostics setup wizard succesfully for your SAP System you need to have a Diagnostics Agent installed that can be assigned to your SAP system along with a SAP Host Agent (included automatically in Diagnostics Agent 7.20).

Kind regards

Tom