cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender file truncated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a file to Idoc interface. On several occasions the incoming file appears to have been truncated, in that the total amount in the file header is greater than the total for all the records in the file.

The suppliers of the application that creates the file say that PI must be picking up the file before it is complete.

I have increased the poll interval in the sender in an effort to reduce the chance of PI picking up an incomplete file, but the error keeps occuring.

I would like to know if there is a way for PI to process the files after an interval to allow the sending application to complete it's processing. For example, could I configure PI to only process files in a folder with a modification time greater than 1 hour ago?

Kind regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr,

You can solve this issue, by editing file permission.

By the sender/writer system, you can set the permission no-read for the file, and set yes-read when the trasfert is completed.

This is a right chose?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello spantaleoni

Thanks for your suggestion.

I think that would work. If we could run a process at the end of the sender's process, we could change the file permissions to make it available to the PI user.

Kind regards

Steve

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can schedule the adapter in communication channel monitoring, but before that check with your customer when they are going to place the file.

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen and Phani

Thank you for your suggestions.

I would rather not use this feature in the long term as the files might be created at any time, but I think that it will be very useful in the short term to allow me to discover if the files are being created correctly.

Kind regards

Steve

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

We have an option to set the availability time in the communication channel monitoring where you can schedule for certain window so that the channel wil be avaiulable for the specific period.

So your supplier can upload the files and once he uploades then you can schedule to start your commuication channel and it picks the proper file and send to your target.

Cheers!!!

Naveen