cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to Download Latest Version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm using MiniSAP to develop some scripting applications and it looks like I don't have the latest version of the SAP GUI, which I understand is 6.40.

Is there somewhere that I as a developer can download that? I looked through Downloads and didn't see it anywhere.

Thanks!

Randy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can download it from the download section here on SDN, or from service.sap.com

Check this page, in the last column, there is a download for SAPgui 6.40

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

REgards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's also a FTP site, although it doesn't look to be as current:

<a href="ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/win/640/">ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/win/640/</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

This looks like the NetWeaver / Web Dynpro downloads - I don't see the SAP GUI listed as an option. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your quick reply!

cheers,

Randy

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It is in the last column under the Netweaver 2004s ABAP Stack.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The link says DOWNLOAD SAPGUI.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

There are four folders there and I'm not quite sure what to do. The patches folder has a number of EXE files and one of them is named setup640_23-10001615.exe - I'll give that a try and see where it takes me!

Thanks!!

Randy

Former Member
0 Kudos

DUHHH!!!!! I didn't see it. THANKS!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You want the large ZIP file under Compilation 4.

- John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rich,

I downloaded the GUI but it looks like it's only for Netweaver - I'm using MiniSAP, which I guess is an older version of the app server. Am I right?

I'm new to SAP and there are so many versions, components, applications and such that I get easily confused!

I'm using SAP GUI for Windows, I think it's version 6.20 but I'm not sure. I don't have Netweaver installed. Will this version of the SAP GUI work for me?

Thanks again for your help!

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/win/640/ is back up-to-date.

Thanks John for pointing this out.

Best regards,

Christian

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

... and while I'm at it, we now have compilation 5 on the ftp server. This contains SAP GUI for Windows 6.40, which works with every supported SAP WebAS version 6.40 and below (people say it even works with R/2

Of course, it requires an ABAP server, not a J2EE machine.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Christian - for some reason I can't access the FTP site at the moment but I'll keep trying. I assume it's a ZIP file with a setup.exe inside? The other one I saw was a RAR file.

Anyway, thanks for your help - I hope to have it downloaded and installed this weekend.

Randy

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

yes, the compilation (ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/win/640/compilation5/50078731_4.zip) is available as a large zip file that contains an installer. The patches are just executables.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks, I was able to get it downloaded and installed over the weekend.

Now I am faced with having my 90 day trial license expired and needing to renew it - can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!!

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can renew at the following site, but I hear there have been problems lately.

http://www.sap.com/platform/netweaver/minisap.epx

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rich - I now have another 90 days!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello.. im very interested abput minisap... the latest version, from where can i download it. thanks.

and another questionsL is sap netweaver composition environment the same thing as minisap?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian Cohrs

Can anyone generate Sap solution Manager key for the following

1.Hostname = sapdev

sapsid = dev

instance = 00

2.Hostname = sapqas

sapsid = qas

instance = 00

3.Hostname = sapdev

sapsid = qas

instance = 00

or provide me the link to download sap solution manger 4.0 , but i don't have oss username and password .

i will be very thankful

Thanks