cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALERTS: Is it possible to create a new container Variable in Existing alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Experts,

I have a existing alert ZTEST defined in ALRTCATDEF. Now I want to create a new container variable PONUM to ZTEST in a UDF and populate it with a value coming in the payload. I have defined an alert rule for this alert and this alert will get triggered for any IE and AE msg failures for my sedner & interface combination. I tried calling the RFC SALERT_CREATE from my UDF by making RFC lookup and passed PONUM as Element and value from a fileld in Value element. If a msg failed in PI, two alerts are getting triggered. One for the alert rule I defined and other because of the RFC lookup (SALERT_CREATE). The one raised from alert rule does'nt contain the PONUM value I passed fron UDF and the one called from SALERT_CREATE does'nt contain the existing container variables defined in ZTEST (like SXMS_MSG_GUID, SXMS_FROM_SERVICE etc).

Please let me know, how can I raise only one alert for any msg failures for my sender & interface combination. Inaddition to the usual container elements (SXMS_MSG_GUID, SXMS_FROM_SERVICE etc) my alert should also contain a variable containing the PONUM (from the incoming payload).

Thanks,

Raki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there a way to achive below requirement.

Thanks,

Rakesh