cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling of EAN in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question regarding how to model EAN codes in MDM. Let me explain the problems regarding the current solution.

Letu2019s say you have a material where the end-user has changed the EAN and this is syndicated to ECC. Later on we find out that the EAN should actually be removed. This causes problems regarding the syndication to ECC.

In ECC the main EAN codes are stored in the additional data under additional EAN codes. If you change the main EAN codes directly in ECC it automatically removes the entrance to the old EAN in additional EAN codes, and this does not happen when we syndicate the removal of an EAN code from MDM.

I have tried playing around with the data in the idoc MATMAS in the segment MEAN where additional EAN codes are stored but I can not get it to work in the scenario where the end-user first changes an EAN code and then removes it afterwards.

As I see it you have to store the old EAN code in MDM when either removing or changing an EAN code so you can send it in the MEAN segment with a MSGFN = 003 and then the entrance in additional EAN codes in ECC can be removed this way.

Are there anyone that have any hints on how to actually model the handling of main EAN codes within MDM? How can it be build so it is possible to change an EAN code and afterwards remove it and the changes are carried out in ECC afterwards?

Kind regards

Henning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Okay, thanks for the answer though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henning

SAP proposed two different business scenarios:

Creation master data in MDM and than harmonize it to target(external) systems.

Creation master data in one(or more than one) destignation(external) systems and matching and merging it in MDM.

You proposed mixed business scenario(you can realize it through custom development).

For my opinion - removing EAN code after it have been sent to MDM isn't good idea.

Regarads

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

So noone else have had this issue?

No suggestions on how it could be possible to change EAN and remove it afterwards with syndicating from MDM to ECC?

Regards

Henning