Did you mean: 

Client has status 'not modifiable Choose 'Display object' or 'Cancel'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a question .

Current setting for scc4 is :

No Changes Allowed

changes to repository objects and cross client customizing allowed.

Protection Level 10: no restriction

eCATT and CATT allowed

Trancastoin - OOCR = Set the flag TRSP CORR = "empty"

But when our developers trying do attempt to so something [such as modify ABAP program,create prgram etc.,], they are facing the below error.

Client XXX has status 'not modifiable Choose 'Display object' or 'Cancel'

kindly help me to resolve this .

Thanks in advance,

Gnanaprakasam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the Global Setting to Modifiable and then under the Software Components, change Customers Developments & Local Developments (No Automatic Transport) from Not Modifiable state to Modifiable state.

And also under Namespace/Name Range, change ABAP & GUI Tools & ABAP Workbench to Modifiable state.

Now your ABAPers able to change.(Assuming this issue in Development)

rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the client role is prd then no change is allowed nothing is modifiable, otherwise in dev n qual system if the client is customixzing then it has a customizing role in that also no change is allowed and in cross client everything is allowed to change

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Sethmac,

Do you have SAP documentation to solicit your claims ?

Regards.

Ruchit

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please go through this.

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

The link you have posted in not relevant for this issue. OAAQ is much different from creating reports. It has that limitation since current settings is enabled for view V_T093B_02 in SOBJ same as for V_T001B ( for OB52).

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

iIf I understand correctly then changes are not alllowed for client specific objects while they are allowed for Cross client customizing and repository.If that understanding is correct then please check SE06 .

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the immediate reply .

But till last night , everyone was worked normally . As per logs in SCC4, the last changed date is April 2009 . for this client.

But in SE06 logs , I can see as " changed "restricted modifiable" status to " non modfiable" status for Sw components and changed "modifiable" status to "non modfiable "for namespace

the biggest problem is , our developers not able to do any tasks .

Edited by: rdhaprakasam2003 on Mar 10, 2011 9:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is the problem. Set the relevant namspace/component to modifable in SE06. Infact if this is development system (which I hope it is or why else they would want to change repository there) I wouldn't mind setting global settings to modifiable. But if you want to be selective do it for specific entries only though could be a bit tedious at times.

Regards.

Ruchit

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the client role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

Client role is nothing but the purpose of the client it is used to.

In SCC4 you this option to choose.

Client role can be different depending on its usage like:

Production, Test, Customizing, Training etc.

This is a pretty simple issue. You should be able to fix it now !!

Regards,

Sujit.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change Status from No Changes Allowed to Changes Allowed.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Sunny.

I have done the changes and tried again.But,No luck

Though I have changed the option to automatic recording of changes , still we are getting the same error .

In SE06->system change option -> Global Settings are Not modifiable. Is this may be the cause ?