cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Workflow / Organizational Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not specific to SRM, but is specific to SAP Business Workflow within ECC, relating to Organizational Management:

We have more than one instance of SAP, where one instance is used to run all of our business, except SAP HR (let's call this SAP Instance 1), and another instance that is only used for SAP HR (let's call this SAP Instance 2);

We want to implement SAP business workflow (e.g. approving requisitions through workflow in ECC);

Is it possible to use our SAP organizational plan that is already defined in our SAP HR instance of SAP (SAP Instance 2), instead of defining an SAP Organizational plan in SAP Instance 1 only to support SAP business workflow.

Is it possible to define an interface from SAP Instance 1 to 2, to look up the requisition approver, pass it back to instance 2, and then send the workflow to the appropriate person. Or is there another better approach? e.g. Replicate organizational plan that exists in instance 2 in instance 1?

From what I have briefly read online thus far, I understand that "The organizational plan is part of the PD component "Organization and Planning. The organizational plan is maintained on a client-dependent basis. An organizational plan which was created for personnel management purposes (or is to be created) can be used in SAP Business Workflow without any changes, provided the workflow functionality and the personnel management application run in the same client." To me, this sounds like that the workflow functionality and organizational plan must exist in the same system and client.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or any advice to share?

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on how you will get approver from system.

If it is not from organization plan, organization plan is not required.

You can also call remote FM to get approver from other systems.

Regards,

Masa