Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge files...... pick file dynamically Based on your content

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my current scenario I have 2 dependent sources (Proxy and File system) from which data is being sent to a common target service. The sources are dependent on Proxy/ECC to File System. Please let me know how I need to pick the file from File system because lot of files are there in File System. Based on my ECC/Proxy message details on field of ABN, according ABN number I need to be pick the file from the File system but I have lot of files in File system. Please let me know how to pick multiple files from one correct file based on my first file message.

After that picking the files I need merge the two messages and send to target file system.

Using fork I can merge files, no issues. But here problem to pick file dynamically Based on content .

Please provide your input......

Regards,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh Sir,

You can go for JAVA Type Message Mapping.

ECC - > JAVA BASED MESSAGE MAPPING ( HERE WE WILL PERFORM FILE LOOKUP) - > RECEIVER .

Is This approach sounds fisible to you ?

Please provide Sender DataType XML / Receiver DataType XML + any 1 csv file in which lookup has to perform.

and this approach is only possible , if your Flat file is on FTP Server which is on the same network.

Regards

Prabhat Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option is that you can write adapter module that will scan the file and check the content and then it will either reject the file or successfully parse and process the file in PI

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!!

Can you provide the sample code for the AM.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

check the link for the AM http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/AdaptermoduleexampleforPI+7.1

Regards,

Phani