Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Comparison Results Not Clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using transaction S_BCE_68001777, program RSUSR050 to compare a role in DEV to itu2019s PRD version. The first screen for Compare Contained Authorizaitons (500) seems to report differences accurately. But when I choose one of the different objects to see the detailed differences, the next screen (800) does not indicate the differences. It looks like each role has the same values, which is not true.

In a specific case, I removed Activity 01 in the DEV version. The object has a yellow traffic light in screen 500 (good), but screen 800 shows the activities to be 01 through 04 (not good).

The layout of this screen seems to have changed in ECC6.0 than in previous versions, so maybe I'm not using it correctly. Did anyone else have trouble with this program's results?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there other authorization instances of the object in the role?

Yellow means it is different and not *

Whether they amount to the same is then your problem if ranges are found (and used) and rsusr050 does not evaluate the valid values and whether or not they are in the range.

--> Remove the ranging of field values and it will work.

Another possible cause is profile name collisions. Search SDN for term "AGR_NUM_2" and take a closer look at the FAQ thread for common problems related to transporting roles.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

There is only one instance of the object in the role. The yellow indicates a difference, which is correct u2026 manually checking the roles shows me they are different. The ACTVT field = 01, 02, 03, 08 in PRD .. and 02, 03, 08 in DEV.

I looked for information on "AGR_NUM_2", but Iu2019m not sure I complete understand. We use only one client to develop roles and transport these to QA and PRD. The profile name for the role in DEV and PRD is exactly the same. Would this be the cause?

0 Kudos

Hi,

make sure, that you have already the corrections of note 1322690....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks ... we will look at that note to see if it should be applied.