Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic sender SOAP Adapter

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to define a web service that could be consumed by any sender system, how could i do this if i need to define the BS in the URL when i create the WSLD undel menu tool-->Define web service

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:service:channel

in case its migth be possible, how could i identify which system consume the service, is there any system information where i could get at least the host name or the IP???

Thanks

Rodrigo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> how could i do this if i need to define the BS in the URL when i create the WSLD undel menu tool-->Define web service

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:service:channel in case its migth be possible

Create Webservice using Sender SOAP adapter. Go to sender agreeement, click display wsdl. Save the file . That is your wsdl and it contains all your webservice details that includes sender business system, interface, URL etc.

>>how could i identify which system consume the service, is there any system information where i could get at least the host name or the IP???

You create valid service users of PI to communicate and distribute for different consuming systems. When they invoke your webservice they have to use your login credentials. Also you can go with client authentication certifcate(SSL) so that only trusted partners with client certificate can communicate your webservice.

>>where i could get at least the host name or the IP???

You dont get those informations. You allow only trusted trading partners to consume your webservice using client authentication and certificate credentials.

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Create Webservice using Sender SOAP adapter. Go to sender agreeement, click display wsdl. Save the file . That is your wsdl and it contains all your webservice details that includes sender business system, interface, URL etc.

I know how to create the WSDL, mi doubt is about if i could define wildchar "*" replacing the BS when i create the wsdl

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:*:channel

You create valid service users of PI to communicate and distribute for different consuming systems. When they invoke your webservice they have to use your login credentials. Also you can go with client authentication certifcate(SSL) so that only trusted partners with client certificate can communicate your webservice.

thats is not the best solution since the wsdl is public,so anyone could consume it. lets says that 20 differents system consume it i need to mantain those 20 new users besides the other SAP users.

Any other suggest??

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>I know how to create the WSDL, mi doubt is about if i could define wildchar "*" replacing the BS when i create the wsdl

Just create a "neutral" Business System, like "BS_WS_Consumer"

>thats is not the best solution since the wsdl is public,so anyone could consume

Yes, but ONLY with valid user credentials. Your create ONE service, but for each consumer a user.

Regards,

Udo

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I already considered the option of a neutral BS, but going through this option i cannot trace which system consume the service. i dont consider the option of create many valid user for each system. i need a more generic and flexible solution. maybe its not possible with SAP PI and i need a extenal app to trace it.

Rgds

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you want too much. You want a service which can be used by everyone, but you want to identify the consumer by sender Business System.

Baskar showed up what you can do: You create a "neutral BS" and idendify the consumer by the logon user. You could map the user for example into a certain field of the inbound interface, so that the receiving application can react different to different users.

Regards,

Udo

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UDO

that what you are sugguesting is what i think in first time, but i need to verify if i was right about. now thanks you i now i in the right way.

Thread Closed-

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

previous post