cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Unit packing into shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

At our client, we are developing a new packing function similar to HUPAST, but which is capable of packing at the shipment level.

Our requirement is that, packing will be done directly at the shipment level. Products are NOT packed into deliveries first. For this, we made packing not mandatory in the configuration which allows us to pack directly at the shipment without packing at the delivery. We tried using VT02N and pack the materials of different deliveries into different HUs. But this VT02N screen is not user-friendly (scanner friendly) and we want to develop something similar to HUPAST, but at the shipment level.

Is there a FM which will create HU and associate it with the shipment? BAPI_HU_CREATE will create HU, but can we link that to shipment using BAPI_HU_CHANGE_HEADER or is there any FM for this

Please help me

Thanks

Challa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you can use below FM's for packing.

BAPI_HU_CREATE

HU_PACKING_AND_UNPACKING

HU_GET_HUS

HU_POST

WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE

Hope this helps you....

Rgds,

Kris.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. This is what we did and is working fine

BAPI_HU_CREATE

BAPI_HU_CHANGE_HEADER - to assign to shipment

RV_SHIPMENT_VIEW

HU_GET_HUS

HU_PACKING_AND_UNPACKING

HU_POST

Regards

Srikanth Challa

jim_donahue
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

maciej_domagaa
Contributor
0 Kudos

I was programming something similar, for packing at shipment level I used batch input with transaction VT02 and its so called "single entry" screen (screen 6000 of program SAPLV51G). Works fine.

regards