cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are creating inspection lot at the time of delievry. Now if after ud of the inspection lot, we do not do delievry in next 4 weeks, automatciallya new inspection lot has to be created.

Can any one le me know if it is possible to do it in SAP?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Satya

Edited by: Satyajit Kumar on Mar 9, 2011 7:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try using 'recurring inspection'

1. Using user-exit QAVE007, calculate 'next inspection date' as 4 days from today for batches for delivery.

2. Schedule QA07 in background to automatically change batch status when 'next inspection date' is reached.

3. This will not create new inspection lot but will prevent PGI.

If this process works for you, it would not be difficult to automate creation of new inspection lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi marwadi ,

We are not using batch management here. Could you explaina bit more on the steps to do it.

Regards,

Satyajit Kumar

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well Satya,

As per my knowledge it is not feasible to generate second inspection lot for the same delivery. Generally delivery is created at the time of sale. If the time lag in your case is so high, I would suggest to cancel the delivery and create new one to generate inspection lot again.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Anand. Nothing standard in SAP to help with this, especially if you aren't batch managed.

You can always run a batch job at night to check for this situation and have the batch job cancel the delivery which would force someone to create and pick a new delivery which would result in a new lot. My guess however is that this won't work because I'm guessing you are presaging the deliveries and/or the paperwork os a change in delivery requires a change to all the existing paperwork that is already printed and waiting to go.

I might suggest decreasing how far in advance you create deliveries for if possible.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the system creates an inspection lot automatically, it must determine which inspection type to use.

Perhaps u need some Inspection types in customer enhancements.

TQ.