cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone printing Chinese to Lexmark T644n from a unicode system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having issues getting our printer to print the Chinese characters. We installed the Simplified Chinese dimm but are still getting ##### for all Chinese Characters. We have tried a lot of combinations the last one we tried was the device type LEXUTF8 with access method C.

We are on 4.7 x2.00. This is our first non-latin one printing requirment.

We've tried reading a fair number of notes but have come up empty so far.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved by sapscript change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion. We did previously have to install Chinese on our workstatations to be able to display it in sapgui. We also had to install a special Dimm on the printer to print in Chinese.

Local print solution was to create a CNSAPWIN device in SPAD.

For printing sapscript, the solution turned out to be to have a different programmer analyze it. Once the font was changed to CNSONG from HELVE the printout started coming out with Chinese characters.

We have now resolved this issue.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you installed the chinese language on your print server? I know it sounds silly but that has tripped me up several times since we started printing in simplified Chinese.

And is this only an SAP problem? I assume you can view Chinese characters on the screen in SAP.

Just trying to help,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

most drivers only do support latin1. Your driver does support unicode - but: your printer would need unicode, which is pretty rarely. mostly printers do talk ascii and NOT unicode !

that's why you typically use these CN drivers like CNSAPWIN, CNHPLJ4 or CNSPOST.

The access method is not the real issue.

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

I did try the CNHPLJ4 and the CNSPOST first but with no luck. Is there any particular device on the System i side that I should pick? There was no exact match for T644n.

Thanks,

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

it has nothing to do with System i ...

what compatibility mode is this printer in ?

is it possible to print english with HPLJ8000 ?

if yes, I would imagine, that it might not be setup in chinese ...

volker