cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility HandHeld and Laptop model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Collegues,

I have a handheld model implemented and works fine.

My customer ask me, if is possible to implement laptops with the same data object.

I´ve read the documentation, and only see that I need other app in the laptop client. I didn´t see nothing else.

any suggestions?

Best regards.

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do it extremely easy - without new coding......

If you have the deployment archive of Netweaver Mobile client, you will find a file for PDA PC Test client - it says for testing only. But if you extract it, you have a running environment for your PC. This allows you to run PDA code on y PC without new coding.

I guess, the other approach - just the data model import and develop a new app for PC is a long way to go - but possible off course.

The data model as such works fine on both - it is not dependend to PC or PDA.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver,

Can you give me the path of this file?

I didn´t found.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

you can get the file inside your NWDS development location:

\NWDS7.1\plugins\com.sap.tc.mobile.dt.oca.rt

Same file you can get if you download from service.sap.com/swdc via Netweaver Mobile 7.1 -> by Component -> Client

You receive a file you need to unzip. Inside you find the clients and there you can get the test file for PC as well. You will find folder: MobileClient/PDA and in there the name of the file is named: pda_runtime_win32_for_test_only.zip.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.If you can create one new laptop application for the same Data Obect, that should be enough now.

Take a compatible NWDI & Laptop client and go ahead with the implementation.

thanks,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Same Data object can be used to create Mobile application for Laptops. Data Objects are not client dependent.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks and Regards,

Suma