cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated LOVs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are using BO on top of the BEx Query. I came across an issue and thought someone might know the right solution. We have created BEx query and then designed the universe on top of that BEx query. When we go to WEBI and created a report, in the filter area some of the objects shows repeated values. For example, if I select Calender Month and then select the LOVs, the list would appear something like this

JAN

JAN

FEB

FEB

FEB

instead I would like this list to appear like as below

JAN

FEB

The only solution I was told is to convert that object to Navigational Attribute and it will work and it does to be honest but consider we have lot of these kind of requirement and my issue would be that we'll end up converting all the Display Attributes to Navigational Attributes because of this issue.

I am sure there must be an easy way somewhere in the Universe Designer or at the Report Designer to handle this kind of problem.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't do this either at universe level or report level.

This is the drawback when we connect to SAP data. We can't modify the List of Values. This should be done from SAP side.

Hope this helps!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Universe:

There is no option in the universe to eliminate duplicate rows. Since there is no option, there is nothing to change the behavior that you're seeing. There are several things that might be affecting the rows that you see, but all of the rows are retrieved from the database.

In Web Intelligence:

Using the eliminate duplicates option is one way.

In a slightly different scenario, duplicates could come up due to the design structure of the report. e.g.

In some specific cases, one may want to display a value in one field (say in a folded report) but multiple values come up (which could give you a COMPUTATION ERROR). To avoid such situation, one can define a variable which would be the max of the original field required. That ways the same value is fetched and also only one value is returned.

Another way:

Click on the outer rim of the table > go to properties tab > in Display section > uncheck "Avoid Duplicate Row Aggregation". Now you will get distinct values in the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In universe create an object with Calendar Month and in the select statement write the query as

Select Distinct <Table Name>.Month

or

You can write the same thing in the WEBI Query panel> View SQL

Use Custom SQL and write the Query

Select Distinct <TableName>.<Column Name> 
From
<Table Name>

All the Best,

Madhu...