cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total number of pages before generating the PDF - OMR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are facing the following problem. We want to apply OMR (optical mark recognition) barcoding on a batch of invoices.

Basically there are two steps in the proces:

- Fetch the batch of invoices created during the day, let's say 1000 invoices.

- Calculate for this batch of invoices the total number of pages per customer. 1 customer can have multiple invoices per day.

- If the number of pages per customer > 12, remove the invoices from the total batch (1000 invoices become then 800 for example).

- Apply OMR logic on the remaining 800.

My question is regarding step 2. The calculation of the total number of pages per customer. Is it possible to get the total number of pages before generating the PDF? Or do we have to 'simulate' the PDF to get to this number?

Another question I have, does anybody have experience implementing OMR using adobe forms? Any experience to share?

Thanks for your feedback

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

we can only determine the page size when its already loaded with data and its published/sent by ADS.

i.e., the no of pages increases based on the data you feed to the form which mean by the time the form/script determines the number of pages it has published dynamically data is already there. so your requirement cannot be solved in that approach.

the next approach which I can think of is as follows.

lets say you display the invoices data as a table in the form.

so then lets specify the row height to .5" which mean in a form with content area size of 15" we can display 30 records.

so in the interface or the source program count the number of records per customer if they are < (12pages X 30 records = 360) leave them as they are else remove them for the list and process the data for other customers.

As per your other query of having OMR on the form I have no Idea, I never worked on that but if its just any other type of barcode that shouldn't have any problem.

Hope this helps you,

Cheers,

Sai