cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the FPM does not update photos in Poral ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have created a WebDyn application using FPM, in which the user can upload a personal photo.

if the user have uploaded a photo (in portal) and after a while another one, the new one will be displayed in (PA20/PA39), but in Portal, the old photo will still be schown, and the new one wont be displayed (or updated) that quick.

i found out that the FPM get those old photos from a (INDX ) table wihle calling the method GET_PICTURE_URL, but its not easy to delete it from there.

is there any possibilty to update photos in Portal using FPM?

thank you all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Your going to have to supply more details. You say your wrote this application, right? So it isn't SAP standard. How exactly are you retriving the photos and how are you displaying them? I assume there is some caching taking place, but without knowing how you are reading/writing the photos its really impossible to say more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i will give more explanation,

this Foto will be archived using ArchiveLink FM via WebDynpro (using FLM) , so this Foto will be archived , and each uploaded Foto will be diyplayed automatically in the corresponding Infotype of the corresponding Person,

and i have setted up a BREAK-POINT in the method GET_PICTURE_URL (SAP Method) , each time the user clicks on a Persons number, a new page will be generated with the foto of the employee, I've found out that the Photo is buffered in a cluster table called INDX(AU) in the GET_PICTURE_URL, and there the foto will be checked, if it's buffred or not, if yes, the new foto will be displayed only after a special time (this is programmed from SAP). and sometimes one day to be displayed (too much)

so, how can I get the actuel photo in Portal ?

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thoams,

The question you have seems to be about the functionality of the Archive link retrieval of employee photos and the API associated.

I understand from your description that you need to disable reading from cache. However, this is an Archivelink issue, nothing to do with WDA.

If you think there is something specific to WDA about your issue, please do explain - but from your description, it would seem you are posting in the wrong forum.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as i said, this photo is displayed in PA20, after ulpoading from Frontend via Portal Appl, so everything till now is in order. this a WDA issue, because the class CL_HRTMC_BASIC_UTILITIES use that method that is checking if the photo is buffred or not, if the photo is buffred, it will get the last URL from the cluster table (INDX), if not, after geting it using ArchivL FM, will get a new URL, in tis case it will be buffred in the cluster table with the new URL and with the timstamp (Timestamp is a future time (one Houre or one day, it depends) this is from SAP). and in the next time , if the user uploded a photo and after starting newly the Appl and clicking on the same person number, automaticlly this methode will be generated, and deliver a specialy Timstamp which will be copmpared with the timestamp buffred with the person number and the URL of the photo. if its less , the new photo will be displayed, if not the old photo will be displayed.

this is WDA issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Idee ???