cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger - Mapping Variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the Seeburger Workbench there is a tab "Mapping Variables" -- Is there a document or a blog entry that discussing reading these values in an operation mapping, and/or using the attribmapper module?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have Seeburger installation CD/Data, you may check the "SAP_Functions_en.pdf" which has complete details about mapping variables.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

All great information.

I have the SeeFunctionPI.jar -- but the SeeCommonCollectionPI.jar is not on our system. Since this is common, I would assume it is installed by default -- is this jar located some place other than the directory that contains SeeFunctionPI.jar?

Former Member
0 Kudos

check here

<Inst.dir.>\Tools\deploy\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there additional licensing for this package? The documentation pointed me to the same directory -- but the tree does not exist on our system....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeburer resource management component should be installed.

I am not the one who installed the seeburger but you can check with basis people or the one who installed the seeburger.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

By using UDFs we can generate the control numbers for ISA,GS and ST segments. We can store this control number value in one variable, this variable we can use in the mapping.

The same variable, what ever we mentioned in the mapping that automatically come to seeburger work bench and when we executee the mapping the value in the varible is incremented.

We can move these variables from Dev to QA by export option. we can reset this values in the seeburger workbench by double click on that variable.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

My intention is not to use this for EDI documents.

We have 3 environments. It is common to change have items change between the 3 environments (hostnames in FTP/SFTP channels for example) -- It wold be nice to be able to simply read an environment variable instead of trying to change a hard coded value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please explain in detail what you want to achive?

If you want to read Mapping variable that is defined in SeeBurger workbench , then you can use above java code mentioned by me.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I am trying to do is pretty simple. I have 3 SAP PI instances. Dev, UAT, and Production.

When I promote from an environment there is typically some predictable things that need to chanage. For example, the hostname in an SFTP channel what I would like to do is "variableize" this, so changes will not need to be made between each environment for these common values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can read the counter and varible in java mapping., You also need to import jar file SeeCommonCollection PI.jar and SeeFunctionPI.jar

Reading (and incrementing)

a counter

try {

CounterBean be=CounterFactory.getCounterInstance();

return "" + be.nextCounter("COUNTERNAME");

} catch (Exception e) {

throw new RuntimeException(e);

}

Setting a variable

try {

VariableBean

be=VariableFactory.getVariableInstance("");