SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Painter vs FM Drilldown Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

We are upgrading from Former Budgeting to BCS and are attempting to use the report painter tool for our reports. I have not used the report painter tool much although it is similar to the FM Drilldown Reporting functionality. My question is:

With FM Drilldown Reporting, characteristic FM acct asst was available as a row choice and included fund, funds center, and commitment item. It appears with report painter that each of these is a separate characteristic which creates three lines on the report instead of one.

Example:

FM Drilldown Reports

Fund/Funds Center/Comm Item $$$

Report Painter

Commitment Item $$$

Funds Center $$$$

Fund $$$$$

I know that we could use Fund and/or Funds Center as variations but we want them to appear on a line in the report so that when the report is downloaded, the information appears as in my Drilldown report example. Is there a way to create a characteristic that includes all three FM assignments? Or some other method to accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try creating this characteristic to FMRBCS control table (via GRCT transaction).

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try creating this characteristic to FMRBCS control table (via GRCT transaction).

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli:

I added customer characteristic ZOBJNR to the control table FMRBCS using transaction GRCT. The new field appears in table T804C, but is not available to choose in the Library or Report.

What other steps are necessary to add the field to the control table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone:

I am still fighting with Report Painter. I am now trying to figure out how to pull Period in as a column characteristic even though I have it as a characteristic in the General Data Selection. I'm using Library 4FM for budget reporting. My end users want to be able to execute the report by period but for certain columns of the report be able to see all periods displayed. Example:

Adjusted Budget - All Periods

Commitments - Period from selection screen

Expenses - Period from selection screen

I do not understand the use of the GRCT transaction. Are there any links that might provide detailed instructions for it's use?

I would appreciate any assistance/guidance you can provide.

0 Kudos

Hello,

A characteristic can only be used in one place. In your case, you need to remove period from General Data Selection and specify it in individule columns. For adjustable budget you specify period as '*". for other columns, you specify the from and to values for the period.

After you modify the RW table, you need to define a new library to use the table.

I do not belive you can accomplish displaying Fund/FC/CI as one row using RW. We have to shove the data to EIS just to utilize its drilldown report tool. But if you do accomplish this, please let us know.

Regards,

Ming