Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IN BW UCCHECK transaction for Unicode does not list Transfer/Update rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are going to update our BW system to install Enhancement Package 1 SP 7 on our BW 7.0 and we are going also to convert our data base to Unicode.

We used the UCCKECK Transaction to have a list of the abap programs to be modified before the u201Cconversionu201D procedure.

But the transaction does not list the abap code included into transfer rules, update rules and start routines.

Have you an idea to recover them?

And do you think the conversion procedure will abort if these kinds of routines are not adjusted or they will go in error at runtime?

Do you have experienced this problem?

Thanks a lot.

Antonella

5 REPLIES 5

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Antonella,

the mentioned code is usually generated by the system. As of WAS 6.20 based systems, this code is automatically Unicode-compatible (on Unicode and Non-Unicode based systems).

Hence you do not have to check this code.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

0 Kudos

Hi, thak you for your prompt reply.

Just one thing more, these routines contain abap code "not standard" but custom if the infoproviders and infoobjects are custom made... We have a lot of custom objects in our data warehouse.

do you think that this abap will not checked?

thanks again. Antonella

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what was the source release when the mentioned objects were created ?

As of BW 3.1, new objects are created with the UC flag by default and those objects are also Unicode compatible.

Best regards,

Nils

0 Kudos

Hi Nils, sorry for delay in replyu2026

Unfortunately we started to develop our routines in BW2.0 and checking some of them we receive the error u201CIn Unicode programs, the "-" character cannot appear in names, as it does here in the name "W-DATE" u201Du2026

And further more in subsequent BW releases the same error is only a u201Cwarningu201D into a NON Unicode system.

So I think we should check and correct all our routines before the Unicode conversion.

My best regards, Antonella

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Antonella,

in this case I am unable to propose a solution.

I would recommend to raise a customer message ...

Best regards,

Nils