cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO- Material To components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have a business requirement that one of our depots will send back faulty finish goods that we will dismantle in the plant to its BOM components. The requirement is we need to receive the bom componets i.e. (rawmaterials in the BOM of the FG) to stock, after dismantling the faulty FG.

Please advice me a procedure for the same.

Thanks & Regards

Sreedhar

Edited by: sreedhar00 on Mar 9, 2011 1:26 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

What production process do you use: Shop Floor Control or Repetitive Manufacturing?

I can give you an idea with REM. Once you have received the FG back into your plant, you can do the following:

1. Issue the FG to a CO order

2. Execute a neutral backflush reversal based only on components via MFBF - this will put the components back into stock.

Should you have a requirement to add costs to this dismantle process you can do the following:

1. Create another BOM (alt 2) for this material where the components are set up as by-products and the FG is a component for itself.

2. You create a version specific for this alt bom (and thus also a rate routing to capture the dismatle costs)

3. Once you have then received the FG back into your plant, you do a component backflush for the FG material on the version from (2.). This will consume the FG (with 261 mvnt) and put the components back into your stock (with 531 movements...as by-products).

Cheers,

Hein