cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro application NOT RUNNING IN PORTAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have web dynpro applications built on NWDS SP13 deployed on SP13 EP 6.0. In the LAN everything is working fine.

But when we access these applications from internet either with real ip or reverse proxy, we can see the Iview of the application but the drop downs do not get loaded and also the elements on the Iview are not displayed properly.

Also we get a message Web dynpro application has expired on the first action that we do on the Iview.

Please help as this should not happen since portal and web dynpro application are at the same level.

We have given the logical name of the WAS and the CRM backend system that we have defined in the system on which the Iview runs.

Dont know what is going wrong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you go through the these steps i hope u problem will solve

create iview

choose the web dynpro application, out of that three application

choose the local.

your application automatically come if u save u application in u local system.

select one application

finish

close the window

select the iview

and choose the preview

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you already have a solution for this problem? I'm facing the same problem, but I can't figure out what's the problem.

Regards,

Edwin van der Palen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check on the ECC backend. if you get and RPC call during the call of the WebDynpro,(keeping an eye unders SM66) its probably trying to generate the program. Running an SGEN sorted it out for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have tried that out already and it is not working. Hence the post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

We are also facing the same problem.Did u got any solution for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Regards

Devendra Phate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am experiencing a simliar problem. when accessing the portal using the FQDN, i get the same error message.

"The Web Dynpro Application 'XssMenu' has expired. Please restart the application either with the refresh button or click the following link XssMenu."

looking at the userinterface.log file, i find the warning "......this URL consists of more than 255 characters and thus might lead to problems in the Web browser"

i'm pretty sure it's related to the fact that the added characters in the FQDN spills over the 255 character limit for urls.

still investigating...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Increase the timeout for Webdynpro project>Application properties>New>Browse>ExpirationTime>Ok>3600-->Finish.

Kind Regards,

S.Saravanan.