cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modeling BOM for operation which appears more than 1 time in a route

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

We have a route like below, operation OP01 appears 2 times in different sequence.

OP01->OP02->OP01-.OP04

(seq1->seq2->seq3->seq4)

How can I modeling its BOM to let user assembly like below

OP01(seq1): use component01

OP01(seq3): use component03

Since BOM maintenance can not set to assembly a component in operation at a assigned sequence of a router, so in the OP01(seq1), it will display component01 and component03 to let user assembly.

How can we handle this problem?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

As a workaround you can configure Work Instructions at those operations, so an operator can make a right choise.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestion.

Because we will set check assembly activity in each assembly operation to avoid operator forget to assembly, so operator need to complete all configured assembly activity then can go to next step, so it means operator need to complete 2 assembly (both seq1 and seq3) at OP01 of seq1, but it's wrong concept.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you use a different operation at seq3. Something like OP01A.

I know this is not optimal and requires a little more work on the shop floor. Having the same operation on the router twice is supported, but there are times when ME can't determined which one you really wanted. Assembly is one of those places.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your information.

I think it's a design issue because having the same operation on the router twice is supported by SAPME, it should also support to modeling assembly different component in different sequence of same operation in BOM.

Is SAPME plan to enhance this function?

MiguelSanchez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ivan,

I looks like you are modeling two different operations as one operation. When process steps differ in the component you are assembling, it is almost always a gut idea to model then as separated operations (assemby component1 and assembly component3).

ME allows you to use the same operation several times in a route but they should really mean the same.

Best Regards,

Miguel