cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workflow : Could not send e-mail [10014 : email ...

0 Kudos

hi,

i am trying to send email notification via workflow, but i am not able to do so. anyone can help to troubleshoot this?

below are the steps i have carried out for email configuration:

1. i have added the mail server on mds.ini, MDS is restarted after every changes.

2. requester and approval has correct email setup at console.

3. a notification is added in workflow.

4. telnet ping to mail server with port 25 is fine.

when i check the log, i have the error :

"Could not send e-mail [10013 : email : Notify] [Mail server:xxxxxxxxx] [From address:xxxxxxxx] [To address:xxxxxxx

i know the guidelines and steps for configurations, but apparently it does not workout, so any troubleshoot guideline will be more appreciated.

Thanks!

Shanti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shanti

"1. i have added the mail server on mds.ini, MDS is restarted after every changes. "

Could you check your mail server name set in your repository section?

like :

[your repository]

Mail Server= mail.yourserver.com

Try to send e-mail from your sender to receiver from your server through telnet directly.

Create simple workflow:

start-> notification->end

in notification you should fill subject and text section

try to send e-mail from your workflow.

Regrads

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanti,

I am sure you must have checked all this but then again would you please check following things and let us know ?

1) Please check the SMTP Server Name in your Outlook Express if you are using Outlook

2) Please log into MDS file and go under that particular Repositoy and check what details you have given for Mail Server

3) Please give SMTP address in mail server line

4) Log into Console and check if you have alligned Users and Roles to each other correctly or not.

5) log into Data Manager and open the workflow and check the properties of Mail notification stencil and check if correct proertise are set ot not.

Once you have made the changes at server level please restart the server again and then please let us know if this problem exist or not, may be we can more troubleshoot it further.

Thanks and Regards

Praful.

0 Kudos

hi,

solution:

basis add allow IP in the smtp server.. then it is solved immediately..

many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shanti,

Make sure that you are not using tags (like %Record%) in subject line of any workflow notification step.