cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail sender adapter: date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I need to fetch the mail date during the processing with mail sender adapter. I can't find a relevant field in the Adapter-Specific Message Attributes (SHeaderFROM, SHeaderTO etc.).

Do you know how to fetch the mail date during the processing of a mail via mail sender adapter?

Thx

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do we need Date attribute for the mail processing? why can't use in mapping current date and map to the target or wherever you want. Mapping step is part of your mail processing interface,right? You could even get timestamp in addition to date if you want.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

The problem is that the mail is perhaps not processed when it is created. For example: the mail is created on 01th of april and sent to the mailbox. But the PI mail sender adapter is fetching the mail on 02nd of april. Due to the reason I can't use current date - I need the original sending date of the mail.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked sender Mail adapter, but we cant fetch "date" from sender Mail adapter in standard usage.

If "date" data is sent from adapter in the XI payload, we ll get "date" by module processor....

but I dont know if the data is sent or not.

Naoki