cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happen during shutdown oracle database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i have a questions and i enclosed some suggestions for the answer because I'm confused about the answers :

What happens during shutdown oracle database :

and the suggested answer :

1- When shutdown the database with NORMAL or IMMEDIATE option : the database system writes check point before shutting down the database .

2- when you shutdown the database with the IMMEDIATE , option , open transaction are rolled back before the database is shutdown .

3- shutting down the database with abort always requires an instance recovery at the next startup .

please suggest the right answer .

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you will find all answers in the oracle documentation ... why not just reading it:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e17120/start003.htm#ADMIN11156

Regards

Stefan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search SDN/Google can help you better.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You got an interview or exam coming up........?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark ,

My exam is coming up soon , and any advice it will be greatfull .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be in your course materials ADM506 part 1

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

When you close a database, Oracle writes all database data and recovery data in the SGA to the datafiles and redo log files, respectively. Next, Oracle closes all online datafiles and redo log files.

When you terminate the instance of an open database/use abort command to close and completely shut down the database the writing of all data in the buffers of the SGA to the datafiles and redo log files is skipped. The subsequent reopening of the database requires recovery, which Oracle performs automatically.

I hope this will help you out to understand the process.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos