cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO With attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to send PO with PDF Attachments to our Vendors using XI.

How do we handle this situation? Whether R/3 has thecapability store a PDF image? Or

The PDF image has to be created in a File server, where XI can pick up the PDF Image? (In this case, the bottleneck is I need to use the BPM. First I need to receive the IDOC into my BPM, then I need to parse the IDOC number and then I need to POOL the file directory for the corresponding Image!!!)

Let me know the direction I want to take?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check if this link might help.

In my experience R/3 has the capability to store documents on a DMS - Document Management System server and a URL link can be established to the server pointing to the file that you are requesting and can be provided with in the PO.

Hope this helps in some way.

Thanks,

Tirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tirumal and Sekar. I cannot use an ABAP proxy because we are NOT on WAS 6.20 or >.

I understand we can send attachments thru XI. Now how I am going to send my IDOC and the PDF simoultaneously.Thats what the challenge here is.

Once the IDOC has been created , the corresponding PDF may be created in a Server or in DMS as Tirumal mentioned.

So once IDOC has been received into my BPM, I need to use my File Adapter to Pool the server or DMS whereever the image has been stored. But now how I am going to configure my File adapter to dynamically pick the PDF?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> But now how I am going to configure my File adapter to dynamically pick the PDF?

no you cannot

In one of your projects we had the same issue

(to add zipped pdf files to an IDOC) and

we created a simple java proxy

that takes the file from the FTP folder

to the BPM (PDF was named as the document number

from the IDOC)

we also added a www configuration page for the FTP

parameters so it's quite a flexible java proxy

but it cannot be done via a standard file adapter

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal. Whether we can write the Java Proxy even if we are in WAS not > 6.20?

Normally to write Java Proxies what utilities we need? What are all the other installation I need to do in XI?

Thanks.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

>>> Whether we can write the Java Proxy even if we are in WAS not > 6.20?

sure you do as you create (deploy) them on the XI

(so it's was 6.40)

>>>>Normally to write Java Proxies what utilities we need?

SAP netweaver developer studio

(it's free)

and you only have to do a little config

to use java proxies on the XI (search for JPR config)

and that's all

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal.

Now what does the Java Proxy is going to do?( Once the IDOC has been arrived, I need to PICK the PDF using the Java Proxy? or something different?)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Once the IDOC has been arrived, I need to PICK the PDF using the Java Proxy? or something different?)

exactly

the java proxy can do a few things:

if can pick the file from ftp (or folder)

and put it somewhere else (on different ftp or SFTP - over the internet for example)

or if the PDF files are not very big

the java proxy can take the file from folder

and put it in your XI and you can

for example send the IDOC (in message) and PDF file (in attachment)

in one mail via XI

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at Michals Blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments