cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We release the project from the same screen i.e CJ20N.

In addtion to release we have certain fields for which I want management only be authorised. So it's possible via Basis only ?

As a PS guy , I don't wanna make any customizations ?

Also when I create reservation for materials with Item cat as L , then I want by default that materials shud be reserved to WBS element not for network. I made setting in customization but it was only for reservation against network.

So how to do that also ? Please specify.

Girish Lashkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anjali,

I follow what u have said. But in certain cases materials are stock and in certain cases they are non-stock items.

So my need is when i select material with item catagory L, it will generate reservation against WBS and when I select item catagory as N , it will generate PR agaist network.

Please guide

Girish Lashkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is regarding your second querry -

Besides all settings in customization, In material master, keep individual / collective indicator as blank.

Due to this, when you add material under network activity, system will prompt you an option wheather to reserve for WBS or Network.

If you further want to hardcode it, choose option 1 there so it will never be reserved for network.

BR / Parimal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

I have assign procurement indicator in network profile. But my need is to create reservation for WBS not for network.

Their no such option for WBS element reservation.

Please guide

Girish Lashkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The procurement indicator in network profile will create the reservation for WBS when you have following setting in OPS8

Priority Plant = 2

Priority Proj = 1

Priority SO = 3

Item cat = L

Donot mark any of the check box.

Assign this procurment indicator to Network profile.

Hope tjhis will help u

BR

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

Thnx for the reply.

My problem is we can set release status with CJ20N. In that case my user also can set release status.

This is mainly my requirement.

Regards

Girish

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Dear Abdul,

> Thnx for the reply.

> My problem is we can set release status with CJ20N. In that case my user also can set release status.

>

> This is mainly my requirement.

>

> Regards

> Girish

There are many post in the forum which explains how to restrict release authorization through user status, please search and refer.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> We release the project from the same screen i.e CJ20N.

> In addtion to release we have certain fields for which I want management only be authorised. So it's possible via Basis only ?

> As a PS guy , I don't wanna make any customizations ?

Please check the authorization objects for each transaction and prepare an authorization matrix based on the business requirement and give to basis guy for creating the roles, otherwise basis can not create any role for you.

>

> Also when I create reservation for materials with Item cat as L , then I want by default that materials shud be reserved to WBS element not for network. I made setting in customization but it was only for reservation against network.

> So how to do that also ? Please specify.

Please check the procurement indicator settings, which will help you to get this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Your first query is not clear, u want to display sertains field of project to some authorized peopls only while its is released??

You can authorize project release

Also some selected transactions using user status having authorization keys defined for that.

for 2nd query - define Procurement indicators in OPS8 & assign its to respective network profile.

Regards,

Sam L.