cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I had configured EWA for abap stack for my landscape, the issue is background job is not running automatically,

The service is ready to process session data.

The data will be processed automatically by the background job "SM:EXEC SERVICES".

If you do not want to wait for the background job, you can start the job manually:

Choose Start Service Processing.

Follow the instructions on the screen.

Session number: 5000000001053

My doubt is how to shedule this job automatically, and also this background job will run solman or backend system.

Regards,

Sampath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should schedule the job SM:EXEC SERVICES in solman on weekly basis from SM37 transaction.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you schedule the SM:EXEC SERVICES Job you need to tick off the "Periodic" check box, and you will

see in sterad of run one time, it will change to run every day. Usually the time is set to 4:00 so there is time to process

the service sessions colelcted by the Satellite systems and sent to Solman via the *_BACK RFC.

So you can schedule it as a periodic task by going into SM37, selecting SM:EXEC SERVICES, going into the Menu, selecting Job and reschedule it as a periodic job. This way you will not have to keep scheduling it manually.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul Babier,

I have to schedule this job in backend system or in solman, in solman already this job is running i am getting reports for 3 systems, remaining 5 system i am not getting the reports.

Regards,

Sampath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you assigned the product to the landscape in SMSY, did you right click on each of those 5 systems and select "put in solution"? without this you may not be getting EWA or be able to do any monitoring. once you have done this just wait a day and you should get EWA task appear in your remote system's SDCCN task list.

Mani

BTW please rewards points for any helpful anwsers.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello.

You should double check what Mani said, but only if you have never gotten EWA reports for those systems.

For the systems that you are missing the reports, are there any errors in the EWA SDCCN task logs in the Satellite systems?

Is it possible that SM:EXEC SERVICES is running prior to the SDCC EWA tasks for the missing systems (meaning they would process automatically in the next day).

These are things you can double check.

Now if you can process these missing reports manually, then they are status "Put in Solution" and it would strongly indicate you have scheduled the EWA tasks in the Managed system to ran after SM:EXEC services. In which case the correction is to schedule them earlier.

And for the person who is sugegsting you run SM:EXEC SERVICES weekly, a BIG NO to that! This job is to be scheduled daily as per SAP documentation. It is not SM: EWA it is SM:EXEC SERVICES.....it processes service sessions of all kinds, and not just weekly EWA reports. So please ensure it is scheduled to run daily. The default time is 4:00 am each day.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ensure your SDCCN is configured correctly in both SolMan and remote system. Your remote system needs to be configured to know that Solman is its master system in SDCCN not SAP itself. refresh your service definitions 1st from Solman and then in your remote system after you have configured that solman is its master system. Check in solman sm37 that this job is active/released, checking the week ahead. your EWA reports will only be available on a monday provided your remote system has collected the data and sent it to solman but i do remember this day of week can be changed.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that Maintenance package job should be scheduled in child system in SDCCN periodically. Also, Refresh Service definition should be running in solution manager in SDCCN periodically.

Thanks

Sunny