SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing block prevents bill but disallows BPEM to be raised for that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a situation where we do not need action to be taken on standard BPEM (message AJ 063) raised due to billing failed due to a certain billing block reason 'X' (say).

I have come across BAdi ISU_BI_BLOCK_BILLING which allows you to convert the error to a warning but in that case, the billing is completed.

Can you please let me know how to block the billing but retrict the BPEM so that Agents do not need to work on them.

Thanks,

Arindam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

There are basically two ways to meet your requirement so that the EMMA case will not at all get created for billing block "X".

Go to Transaction Code- EMMACCAT2 and give the Clarification Case Category.Now under the Case Creation type in the basic data tab, you will find two options-

(a) Complex Condition- If you choose this option, then in the condtion you need to give the message class and the ID and the billing block reason for which you want to create the EMMMA case. So in this way, you are only give the billing block reasons for which you want to create.So automatically for reason 'X' EMMA will not be created

(b)Business Add-in-There is a BADI EMMA_CASE, under which there is a method called "DETERMINE_CASE". You need to code in your requirement in this method.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

There are basically two ways to meet your requirement so that the EMMA case will not at all get created for billing block "X".

Go to Transaction Code- EMMACCAT2 and give the Clarification Case Category.Now under the Case Creation type in the basic data tab, you will find two options-

(a) Complex Condition- If you choose this option, then in the condtion you need to give the message class and the ID and the billing block reason for which you want to create the EMMMA case. So in this way, you are only give the billing block reasons for which you want to create.So automatically for reason 'X' EMMA will not be created

(b)Business Add-in-There is a BADI EMMA_CASE, under which there is a method called "DETERMINE_CASE". You need to code in your requirement in this method.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

hi Amlan,

thanks for the help. I had found a way to stop the standard BPEM being raised by implementing the BAdi stated in my post earlier and then implementing a Enhancement spot right after that where I terminate the billing process and use MAC_ERR to push in my own message not allocated to any EMMA case category.

your solution somehow sounds more methodical than mine. Will try it out and let you know.

Regards,

Arindam.