cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice Integration for Adobe offline scenario

former_member906594
Participant
0 Kudos

Offline Interactive Adobe Form scenario.

The scenario is that the end user can download the form into his/her desktop/laptop.

Then fill the data in the form and submit the form by clicking a button on the form itself.

Steps Followed:

1) Create a RFC Function Module in SAP system and create a web service from it.

2) Do the necessary settings in SOAMANAGER. Get the WSDL file for the web service.

3) Create a Adobe form using transaction SFP. What should be the form type ? please confirm am using satndard layout. ?

4) Create a new data connection using the WSDL file.

5) fileds & button ( Execute ) in the form are mapped from the dataconnection .

When I execute the program for PDF form .. and click on the execute button I get the error.

'Error attempting to read the file Http ://<path>'.

how can trace this ? any trace log ?

Please help . should I do anything more to activate webservice? should I write any script ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think there is a good example of how to do this in that Adobe Forms book from SAP Press. Also, I seem to recall a wiki or blog or something someone did that step-by-steps through it. Personally, whenever I hear/see "offline", I never assume the end user will EVER have any kind of connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Create a form with standard layout and it should work. Once the webservice is created and maintained in SOAADMIN, make sure the user has the relevant authorizations w.r.t to webservices, so that the form can call the webservice.

hope this helps.

Best Regards

Saujanya