SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD & FICA Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We want to transfer SD bills to FICA. I was just wondering what will be implications if we allow all bills to be transferred to FICA? none to FI-AR (though in config we will maintain both).

So here I will create a business partner for the customer in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable, and then will specify an SD sample customer. Now, this FICA business partner may or may not be a utility customer. Then does it matter what bill we are processing? we will transfer all bill types from SD to FICA as long that customer exists in FICA.

I am not sure of its large scale impact. Any help or suggestion would be great.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Going thru your post. I am not very clear of the purpose to transfer the SD bills to FI-CA.

The sole aim could be to club the SD bill and the Energy bill together and sent it to the customer in one single invoice.

Assuming the above purpose to be valid, it would be fine for a energy customer in FI-CA, as the SD can be clubbed at the time of IS-U invoicing with the consumption charges and sent together under one invoice.

You need to do some basic configurations as well as in the PWB code to reflect the changes for the SD bills.

However, if the customer is not a utility customer, i.e.say a non-energy customer, then no energy charges will be there and subsequently, no IS-U invoice will be generated.So the SD bill will never be posted in FI-CA.

Hope it Helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Going thru your post. I am not very clear of the purpose to transfer the SD bills to FI-CA.

The sole aim could be to club the SD bill and the Energy bill together and sent it to the customer in one single invoice.

Assuming the above purpose to be valid, it would be fine for a energy customer in FI-CA, as the SD can be clubbed at the time of IS-U invoicing with the consumption charges and sent together under one invoice.

You need to do some basic configurations as well as in the PWB code to reflect the changes for the SD bills.

However, if the customer is not a utility customer, i.e.say a non-energy customer, then no energy charges will be there and subsequently, no IS-U invoice will be generated.So the SD bill will never be posted in FI-CA.

Hope it Helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

One addition to Amlan's thread. SD billing documents can now be used as invoicing triggers in ISU. So a customer with only SD bills can still be invoiced thru ISU. This situation would have to be accounted for in the print logic, but is no longer a problem functionally.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Ray:

Things to consider:

The assumption here is that ISU is being used. In that case, it is best to use FICA for SD since you need to build payment interfaces, etc for any subledger. If you use FIAR, then you will need duplicates, and duplicate printing possibly.

If you use only FICA as subledger then you have one point of contact - i.e. all open items for a customer in one place, one payment can satisfy all items, etc.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

oh got it now. Thanks Amlan and Bill.

Yes, I am using ISU here. Actually thats what I thought that if I use FIAR, then I will need duplicates, and duplicate printing. So as per your answer using FICA as a sub-ledger would be better idea than using any other sub-ledgers (fact that I am using ISU:).

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I just have one questions, because I got bit confused after reading again and again.

However, if the customer is not a utility customer, i.e.say a non-energy customer, then no energy charges will be there and subsequently, no IS-U invoice will be generated.So the SD bill will never be posted in FI-CA

Please correct me if I am wrong, but your statement suggests that if I am not generating ISU invoice, I won't be able to post SD bills to FICA? (customer is non-utility customer).

but according to Bill a customer with only SD bills can still be invoiced thru ISU (no longer a problem functionally)

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Ray:

SD charges can be posted to FICA regardless of ISU status. And you can use ISU to send the printed bill regardless as well.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Event R403 can be used for clubbing Energy bill with/without SD bill.

0 Kudos

I have some general questions about SD and FICA / ISU integration. When a billing document is created in SD are taxes calculated in SD?

When that SD Billing Document is transferred to FICA ISU, how does the transfer take place? Are the SD Charges and taxes transferred directly to FICA as a FICA Document and then presented on the customer's invoice, in combination with the utility charges that were billed in ISU, by ISU Invoicing and Print Workbench?

Or, does SD transfer the SD Billing Document to ISU Invoicing, at which point a FICA Document is created by Invoicing in combination with the utility charges that were billed in ISU?

Your help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

0 Kudos

Peter:

In the future, please create a new thread for different questions and do not hijack others. See the rules of engagement in the sticky threads at the top of the forum.

As for your question - the posting document is generated during SD billing and uses the SD-FICA interface (event 4000) - unless you have indicated that your SD billing document type should go thru ISU (billing type = U). For all other scenarios, the FICA document is generated immediately and exists on the customer account until the next step, as defined by your project customization.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

I have some general questions about SD and FICA / ISU integration. When a billing document is created in SD are taxes calculated in SD?

When that SD Billing Document is transferred to FICA ISU, how does the transfer take place? Are the SD Charges and taxes transferred directly to FICA as a FICA Document and then presented on the customer's invoice, in combination with the utility charges that were billed in ISU, by ISU Invoicing and Print Workbench?

Or, does SD transfer the SD Billing Document to ISU Invoicing, at which point a FICA Document is created by Invoicing in combination with the utility charges that were billed in ISU?

As per the questions that you are having , it all depends on the settings that you have made to the integration node in contract accounts receivable and payable - under SPRO . Moreover SD documents are posted to FICA as open items and are then considered at the time of invoicing to the customer ( ISU ) for account maintainence and for adding other debit items , it would again depend on your setting for invoicing .

As marked by bill - event 4000 has the starting point for transfer to FICA .

Hope it helps and kindly come up with a new thread next time ( Rules of engagement ).

Cheers ,

Dewang