Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A fatal error occured in the PD Layer during RFx response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While creating the RFx response the error is,

"A fatal error occured in the PD Layer. The transaction needs to be terminated."

I just checked the earlier threads discussed on this forum says, this is due to non maintaining of number ranges , but i have maintained the no ranges for RFx response,

got stuck here, kindly help me to solve this issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the no. range(example 01) maintained for the Rfx Response is matching in the define transaction type:

SRM Server->Cross application basic settings->Define transaction types(BUS2202 supplier qoute)

In transaction types see that the int. Number range is alos )01.

with regards

Manjunath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

The Rfx response no range 01 & 02 are matching with transaction type Supplier quote 01 & 02,

In Define Transaction type -- Transaction category BUS2200 -- Transaction type RFQU -- the entries are

Tran.cat Trns.type subsequent object type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry wrongly posted... the details are below.

The Rfx response no range 01 & 02 are matching with transaction type Supplier quote 01 & 02,

In Define Transaction type -- for Transaction category BUS2200 -- Transaction type RFQU -- the entries are

*Tran.cat Trns.type subsequent obj.type Follow up trns.type

*Bus2200 RFQU BUS2202 ECPO

The entries are correct or not???

Regards

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved issue by maintaining the proper no range ( no range 1 for BIDINV in define transaction type for BUS2202 supplier qoute)

Thank you all for replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please help me, I have the same error as you were getting. I am not claer how resolved it. Please expalin again what number ranges you maintained? You number range BIDINV, which one is that?

Thanks

Pedzi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please help me, I have the same error as you were getting. I am not claer how you resolved it. Please explain again what number ranges you maintained? You said you maintained number range BIDINV in Define Transaction Type BUS2202, which one is number range BIDINV?

Thanks

Pedzi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1) Pls check the no ranges for RFx response , ie

01 --- for internal no range

02 --- For external no range.

2) Check the SPRO settings for Define Transaction types, here u have to check

BUS2202 Supplier qoute -- Select Transaction type --- Here Int no range find from F4 -- it should be BIDINV --- 01

& Ext No range find from F4 BIDINV -- 02

Check this, it may help you.

Thanks

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakeshi,

I assigned the number range BIDINV 01 & 02 as you specified but the error is still there. On my supplier contact userID I have assigned the roles /SAPSRM/BIDDER, /SAPSRM/SUPPLIER and /SAPSRM/ADMINISTRATOR. ANy other ideas why the error is not going away?

Thanks

Pedzi

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rakeshkulkarni,

please implement the note 1337335.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The error i am getting while Creating RFx response, but note says while adding service line from MDM to Rfx or quotation this error comes,

Does this note holds good for RFx response also.

Thanks

Rakesh

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

sorry, this is the only note, that I've found related this topic.

Otherwise the issue should be debugged to find out the reason.

Regards,

Peter