cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with the starter services - SAP Note 1480794

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

while implemeting starter services, i am supposed to implement SAP Note 1480794 on the backend system.

but when i run SOAMANAGER transaction on the backend system, i am not able to see the tab "Service Administration".

i have checked the Version pre-requisites for the system and it matches with the required versions for ECC system.

Could you please let me know if there is any alternative to import the business scenario xml file into the ECC system?

Thanks,

Ramanath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

In SOAMANAGER, i could see 4 tabs i.e. "Technical Configuration", "Business Administration", "Logs and Traces" and "Monitoring".

I have created the profile named SAPLOGONPROFILE using the Profile Management link in Technical Configuration tab.

But in Business Administration tab, i could see only following options.

1. Web Service Administration

2. Mass configuration

3. Publication Restrictions

4. Account Management

5. Activation Requests Management

And none of these links have the IMPORT from file option as suggested in the Note.

Could you please clarify how should i go ahead and import the business scenarios mentioned in the XML file.

Thanks,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

In SOAMANAGER, i could see 4 tabs i.e. "Technical Configuration", "Business Administration", "Logs and Traces" and "Monitoring".

I have created the profile named SAPLOGONPROFILE using the Profile Management link in Technical Configuration tab.

But in Business Administration tab, i could see only following options.

1. Web Service Administration

2. Mass configuration

3. Publication Restrictions

4. Account Management

5. Activation Requests Management

And none of these links have the IMPORT from file option as suggested in the Note.

Could you please clarify how should i go ahead and import the business scenarios mentioned in the XML file.

Thanks,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

then just go to "Mass configuration". Instead of importing the XML file, create it manually and add all the services mentioned in the deployment guide 3.3.2 Configure the Service Provider for Starter Services Endpoints.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I am not able to find any of the services mentioned in the Deployment guide in my backend system.

i.e. CustomerERPByIDQueryResponse_In or CustomerERPBasicDataByIDQueryResponse_In_V2.

Do i need to import any specific package for these services?

Thanks,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the level of your backend system? For Starter Services it has to be on ECC 6.0 EhP4 [SAP_BASIS 7.02 SP0 + ECC 6.0 EhP4 + ECC-SE 604 SP06]

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

The current ECC system i have is in EHP3. We are planning to upgrade the same to the next EHP.

Should we go for EHP4 or EHP5 ??

Is there any issue if we use EHP5 with Duet Enterprise? Is it supported?

Can i add another backend system to the Duet Enterprise landscape without hampering the existing one? Can i use "Duet Installation Wizard" for the same?

~ Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

you can connect multiple backend systems without affecting existing configuration (however, if you want to display the data in SharePoints "Customer" tab from the new system, you have obviously have to reconfigure the configuration so that the data is retrieved now from the new system -- but this could even be role based -> user A sees data from System A; user B sees data from System B)

Regarding EhP5 that should also work with Duet Enterprise. Just make sure that you do install all the components that come with the EhP: ECC 6.0 + ECC-SE.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

depending on the Service pack the tabs might be a little different in the backend system. However, the steps that have to be performed are fairly simple: just create/import a profile (usually on the first tab), then create/import a Business Scenario Configuration (usually on the second tab)

What are the tabs that you are seeing?

Thanks,

Holger.