cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rich text output?? Using FormattedTextEdit Element in NW 7.02

Former Member
0 Kudos

So SAP now gives us a cool element that allows users to input text using a limited number of formatting options (bold, italics, header size 1/2/3, Indent, bullet).

We currently use interactive forms to print out several different project forms. However, mgmt really wants to display this rich text on the PDF.

Searching high and low, there apparently is no good way to display formatted text in adobe interactive forms.

We thought about just building the output form as a WDA application - however, this presents other problems such as page breaks.

Does anyone out there know of a way to get formatted text out of SAP onto a PDF/other form output?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Adobe Forms have special processing for SAPScript based texts:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/04/ecfab99fc345f8826490df387aaf82/frameset.htm

The formatted text output from the FormattedTextEdit UI element is fairly compatible with SAPScript. You could write some conversions to change the XHTML tags back into SAPScript tags:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/3b/219141c1d0ae5fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Thanks for the reply. We've had success in the past (NW 7.00) with passing those SAPScript text objects to Adobe for formatting.

Is this only available for interfaces define as data dictionary? I don't see the option to create a TEXT node in WDA when my interface is defined as XML-based.

We have become heavily invested in AIF, and it's hard to imagine that something as simple as RTF can't be easily rendered somehow outside SAP. We were hoping that with 7.02, an easier method would be available.

Edited by: Robert Phelan on Mar 9, 2011 3:23 PM

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

have you found a solution to display the formatted texts in Adobe PDFs ? We have the same problem, we pass the text as string to the form. i have recently updated the lifecylce designer, and now can set the data format of the text field to XHTML, but it does not help.

Please let me know if you have any solution in SAP standard or with little extra coding.

thanks,

Johannes

Answers (0)