cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing/Exporting MII sub-directories?

brian_dennett
Explorer
0 Kudos

I recently ran into a scenario where I wanted to export some changes in a specific sub-directory from one MII instance to another and found myself unable to.

There doesn't seem to be an option to export or import archives by folder. I also looked into manipulating the archive files themselves but doing a quick comparison of an MII archive .zip with an unzipped and then rezipped version there are differences between the two so I thought it better not to experiment too much with that option.

Does anyone know a clean method for exporting/importing sub-directories of MII projects? Is it safe to use an archive folder that is unzipped and then rezipped (assuming paths of the actual MII files are all still correct after manipulation)? Is there a way to use the MII archiving feature outside of MII to zip and unzip folders?

Thanks in advanced,

Brian Dennett

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Workbench allows you to export multiple files and might do subfolders too (at a minimum it would be from the catalog tree).

The Project zip export is the full project, but aside from the root export manifest xml file you can explode to disk or just trim out the folders you don't need in your transport zip file. There should be no need for anything other than standard zip s/w like WinRAR or Winzip. Just keep an eye on the WEB folder which is nested subfolder structure like you find in the workbench.

Reimporting a partial project zip file will do the equivalent of an INSERT/UPDATE routine would be for a database table.

brian_dennett
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy. I tested selecting multiple objects and that does work, including scenarios where you select an object and a sub directory and then right click the object.

I now notice that there is an export option under the file menu that will also work for sub directories. I was originally trying to right click (the same way I'd export an object) sub-directories and in that scenario no export option is available.

I haven't tested using WinRAR or something equivalent but it sounds reasonable enough.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,

Brian

Answers (0)