cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on C-Folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Here are my questions on C-Folders. Thanks in advance.

C-Folder questions:

1. Does a Functionality exist like u2018copy with referenceu2019 in C-Folders for objects. While I was testing I can copy objects (materials, documents) and paste them in same or different folders (within same or different collaborations). But they donu2019t have any relationship whatsoever even if after copy they have the same name.

2. Am I correct to say that during Copy of Materials, BOMs, Documents etc the u2018Alias information of backend sytemu2019 is lost. Is there a way to prevent this.

3. How to perform cut and paste a object from one folder to another folder (in same or different collaboration) without loosing backend Alias information.

4. When I am importing or exporting Materials and BOMs, it is Automatically creating one new version for material, and in case of BOM is creating 2 new versions (both look exactly the same). Is this Standard ?. If this is Standard, how do I do BOM comparison, how will I know which versions to compare

5. While doing import of BOM from C-Folder to SAP, I could not create BOM alternatives. Is this standard. I tried to do first import and entered Alternative 1 (in CFI02) and second import and entered BOM alternative (2) in CFI02, but it did not create Alternative and just overwrite Alternative 1

6. When I import materials from C-Folders to SAP, I can only create basic data1,2 views. I cant create Plant specific views. This creates problem and issues an error when I am trying to import Plant specific BOMs which uses materials which donu2019t exist in SAP.

Thanks,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

may be a bit late the answer to (some) of your questions:

1. Does a Functionality exist like u2018copy with referenceu2019 in C-Folders for objects. While I was testing I can copy objects (materials, documents) and paste them in same or different folders (within same or different collaborations). But they donu2019t have any relationship whatsoever even if after copy they have the same name.

No, it does not exist.

2. Am I correct to say that during Copy of Materials, BOMs, Documents etc the u2018Alias information of backend sytemu2019 is lost. Is there a way to prevent this.

Not sure about this one. But I guess you tested it out, and logically it also makes sens, since the Alias information is used in backend integration.

3. How to perform cut and paste a object from one folder to another folder (in same or different collaboration) without loosing backend Alias information.

See above.

4. When I am importing or exporting Materials and BOMs, it is Automatically creating one new version for material, and in case of BOM is creating 2 new versions (both look exactly the same). Is this Standard ?. If this is Standard, how do I do BOM comparison, how will I know which versions to compare

Yes, this is standard for the initial BOM export, actually in order to directly see the delta if someone updates version 2 on cFolders. If you re-export later, only one new version is added.

5. While doing import of BOM from C-Folder to SAP, I could not create BOM alternatives. Is this standard. I tried to do first import and entered Alternative 1 (in CFI02) and second import and entered BOM alternative (2) in CFI02, but it did not create Alternative and just overwrite Alternative 1

I see. I think this is a bug, worth an error message.

6. When I import materials from C-Folders to SAP, I can only create basic data1,2 views. I cant create Plant specific views. This creates problem and issues an error when I am trying to import Plant specific BOMs which uses materials which donu2019t exist in SAP.

The BOM import also creates plant data / storage view for component materials in case you have a plant assigned to the newly created material on cFolders. So your statement is wrong. Verified in the system. Plant-specific BOM import works perfectly also with new component materials added.

Regards, Ulf.