cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail triggering to external mail ID Address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please correct me if it is not a right forum to post thus qury.

I am trying to achieve mail triggering to external mail ID from our SAP system, I am doing following steps

1. From SAP work place sending email to external e-mail ex : XYZ at gmail

2. SCOT setting SMTP , address ares mentioning above email address, in default domain mentioned as gmail

3. When I checked in Work place status on send mail showing ... Transmitting

4. from SCOT , I started (Cntrl + F7 ) , start sending process

5. and after that I got successful message sent message in log as well as in work place status.

But when I checked in g mail account mail is not received ...

Guide me if I am missing any steps , currently we are on ECC5.0

Riyaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most probably the mail sent by SCOT was rejected by the security rules of your company SMTP server.

Talk with the SMTP server admin team.

For exemple, in my company a mail sent to an external address from an invalid internal address (xxxatgmail.com for ex) would be rejected as suspected spam.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

In txn SCOT mention your domain as xyz.com and then try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Riyaz,

You should check few things while you are doing SCOT configuration.

1. Please check what is the default domain you have mentioned. SCOT--> Settings->Default domain.

Here you have to maintain the domain name properly. It should be like xyz.local.

2. Please check SMTP configuration: Double clicking on SMTP node you should check Mail host is proper

and also mail Port should be 25.

3. Under "Supported address Types" option "Internet" should be checked. Go to respective Set button

Here in Address area try giving * or specific to the address you will be sending mail.

4. Check if you have scheduled the "Send Jobs". Its in "Settings -->Send Jobs". You can schedule the job for

"All Address Type" and schedule the job with proper user.

5. For testing you can use tcode: SBWP. From there you can send test mail to the desired address

(check your organization policies before sending mail to external mail ID).

While triggering "New Message" from SBWP, please select recipient type as "Internet Address".

6. To check the status go to tcode: SOST and check if it is delivered. You can try reprocessing once more.

But before all these things you have to ensure that your server IP is included in SMTP server. You can check with

any Linux administrator about this.

<removed_by_moderator>

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards,

Sujit.

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Mar 9, 2011 10:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Can you please elaborate little more on below line

_But before all these things you have to ensure that your server IP is included in SMTP server. You can check with

any Linux administrator about this._

Riyaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Riyaz,

I wanted to say there are two sides while configuring SAPCONNECT.

1. In SAP side SCOT configuration.

2. The IP of the server also has to be added in exchange mail server. There must be some exchange server team,

who will include your IP address so that you will be enabled with mail configuration.

Check with the second point when you are done with first one.

Regards,

Sujit.

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos