cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter between two dates in visual composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working in a dashboard with visual composer 7.2, I am triying to filter between two dates but i can´t do it. We only want two filelds, one for the initial date and the other is for the final date.

I have attached the url with a document where I explain this in detail.

any idea??

http://www.esnips.com/web/csramostoro-varios

Thanks and best regardssss

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Date to String conversion (DSTR) why u are using DSTR(date,"D/MM/11")?

I think you have to use DSTR(date,"DD/MM/YYYY").

Syntax is DSTR(date,"format").

Thanks,

Pradeep

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have to use DSTR(date,"DD/MM/YYYY").

yes, this is correct. VC only interprets date format "DD/MM/YYYY".

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you pl explain once again, whether what exactly you want to show (I could not understand from document)..

If I want to show data only for two days (From Date and To Date),

I would expect user to enter those two values in form and put the filter in such a way it gets two values. Pl chk below thread

OR

If that dosent work out, I would define three actions (Say do_filter_from, do_filter_to, append_filter_to_result).

Create first filter with action do_filter_from, to filter the data with "from date" and keep into result_table.

Create second filter with do_filter_to, to filter the data with "to date" and keep into temp_table.

And action append_filter_to_result, will have to append all rows of temp_table to result_table. (so that your result table has values of from date as well as to date.)

If I want to show data in the range for two days, I would use greater than and less than operator to define filter.

Let us know if anything works out for you.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have any steps on how to build dashboards in VC? Could you share them with me?

Also I have a general question. Building Dashboards in VC or in BOBJ using XCELSIUS, which is a better option?

Thanks,

Kiran

Edited by: kiran dasari on Apr 11, 2011 9:01 AM