cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREATE SD document with characteristics - BAPICUVAL / E1CUVAL problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I am trying to create SD document with material characteristic. I can create single value characteristic, but when I am trying to post interval characteristic, just lower interval is saved and upper one is ignored.

I use BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2. For example:

DATA: tab_order_value TYPE TABLE OF bapicuval,
      wa_order_value LIKE LINE OF tab_order_value.
wa_order_value-config_id = '000001'.
wa_order_value-inst_id = '00000001'.
wa_order_value-charc = 'OUTER_DIAMETER'.
wa_order_value-value = '510'.
wa_order_value-valcode = '3'.
wa_order_value-value_to = '2100'.
wa_order_value-author = '8'.
INSERT wa_order_value INTO TABLE tab_order_value.

Characteristic is not set properly (510-2100mm), just 510mm is set. How should I call it properly? Should I fill also some another tables? Is there some documentation? Can be there some bug in SAP standard?

Any response is highly appricieted.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The following notes may help you

1) Note 481102 - BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 & configuration

2) Note 366265 - How should I fill the BAPI parameters?

3) Note 513266 - BADI: IDocs and multi-value characteristics with default val

4) Note 900380 - Configurable items in the SD process (idocs & bapis)

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

but its still not clear to me... cause I can create characteristic with single value, also with multiple values but there is still problem with intervals (i.e. 500-1000 etc).

How should I call this BAPI to configure material characteristic with interval, not just with one value. Its not explained in notes or documentation or I dont get it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

your values are wrong. The must be in a floating format.

For contents please try FM CUXM_GET_CONFIGURATION for an existing instance. You'll see there how E1CUVAL must be maintained.

regards,

Maggie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie,

my values are definitely ok. When you post 100 its same as 100,00 :).

When I want to post just one value, for example 100 it works well. When you want to post interval values, for example 100 u2013 500, its just post the first one.

I debug standard code behind this and its look like, that there is no way to write interval and this "bug" is standard feature - the upper level of interval is cut by ABAP code.

In past I also checked how is system filling BAPICUVAL structure. When I fill this structure with same values and run it in my BAPI its doesnu2019t work, because its processed like iDoc.

So the conclusion is, that it is not possible to write intervals right now from external source, just from the inside of SAP standard transactions.

So, I decided to close this thread.